METALLICA: Review, Photos From Second ROLLING STONES Concert Posted Online - Nov. 16,

The Four Horsemen were a killer blooze-rock band. "Nobody Said It Was Easy" was glued into my CD player for the longest time. Too bad some of the members of that band didn't have the greatest luck - correct me if I'm wrong, but both Frank K. Starr and Dimwit are dead now, right?

Metallica will always be Metallica, for good or bad; Personally I`m happy playing K`em A, RtL,MoP and JfA...the other stuff.... I have them (last one just downloaded it) but I can sell them like a brand new factory sealed Cd.

ontherocks82 said:
I've noticed that the majority of people on this board are "old schoolers" when it comes to Metallica, glad to see at least one person (namely me) has an open mind.

and let us not forget your healthy ego! (joking) :Spin:

jcfuel said:
well well, how u doin man? you know what, everybody has the right to run their business as they want.
Is it because they change their sound?
because they cut they hair?
because they do what they want?
because they earn a lot of money?
because there's a corporate managment behind them?

Well, for me Maiden have made the same things, and i say maiden because you're (obviously) a maiden fan. Lot of bands are in the same direction. From your point of view, The Stones are Sell Outs, Anthrax are sell outs, Maiden is a sell out, ....

I also have very clear that they had made things that a lot of people didn't like, like the Napster thing, SKOM movie, but that's what they want to do ... they could not pleased everbody. If you dont like them, well dont listen to their albums, dont buy the cds, dont go to their shows, but respect the people that do enjoy their music.

I am a diehard fan, a member of the club
Cheers

Amen.

Maiden are on the same level as Metallica but no one calls them sellouts, who give a fuck. To last as long as these bands you have to do something to keep people interested whether it be 30 live albums or whatever!!!

I like Mettalica but I would like to see these dropped from the set list.

08. Nothing Else Matters
09. Master of Muppets
11. Enter Sandman

DarbysDad said:
I like Mettalica but I would like to see these dropped from the set list.

08. Nothing Else Matters
09. Master of Muppets
11. Enter Sandman

Nothing Else Matters maybe, but I cannot imagine Metallica show without Master Of Puppets and Enter Sandman!

Metallica not playing Enter Sandman would be like AC/DC not playing Shook Me All Night Long, or Van Halen not playing Jump, Slayer not playing Angel of Death etc etc.

The Four Horsemen were a killer blooze-rock band. "Nobody Said It Was Easy" was glued into my CD player for the longest time. Too bad some of the members of that band didn't have the greatest luck - correct me if I'm wrong, but both Frank K. Starr and Dimwit are dead now, right?

that is true. and that is a great fucking disc......

The first tragedy would occur when Dimwit passed away from a drug overdose on September 27, 1994 after the band had reformed. Starr and Lizmi decided to dedicate the album to their deceased friend and were joined by Pharoah (bass) and Chuck Biscuits (drums, of Danzig). But Randy Cooke soon replaced Biscuits. However, before mastering of the album was complete the band would be dealt another blow. In November of 1995 a drunk driver would hit Frank C. Starr while driving his motorcycle down Sunset Strip. He was sent flying, suffering massive head trauma and placed in a coma. While waiting for Starr's recovery, the rest of the band would tour for the album with Ron Young of Little Caesar on vocals. A demo was made with Young on vocals, but nothing ever materialized.
Unfortunately Starr would never come around, and finally passed away on June 18, 1999.

johnnieCzech said:
They are both cover versions and not rockabilly at all.
Are you sure dude.... betcha they were wearin' cowboy hats when they recorded those two tracks.:D
Yeah, maybe they were more country.

Originally Posted by ironmaidenfan09
Ive got an open mind, Metallica is a fucking joke, corporate puppets, sell out fags, you name it. If you support this band and spend money on them you are seriously a little bitch

If you had an open mind you would grow up and not care about what other people like and respect peoples taste.what metallica does or what there fans do does not have any affect on any of us.

I dont agree with everthing maiden or anthrax due,but just like Metallica I like the music that they make that I enjoy if they make bad stuff or I should say stuff I think is bad I dont listen to it.But calliing someone a fag for what kind of music they like is far from open minded.

Personally, I am not a big fan of Metallica since the Black Album. I remember when I first got that album, went home, put it into my expensive walkman cd (hey, it was a long time ago) and playing it through.

I played the first few seconds and did a fast forward on each track and remember thinking 'where is the fast stuff ?'.

Having said that, I still enjoy their older stuff. Metallica made the decision to change their musical path a bit and that is their choice. Bands make decision's that do not please everyone, but at the end of the day it is a decision only the band should be making.

I would still see them live I think, but would not stand around the Backstreet Boys fans, and look for the people with the faded black Master of Puppets shirts ..... : )

ontherocks82 said:
Metallica not playing Enter Sandman would be like AC/DC not playing Shook Me All Night Long, or Van Halen not playing Jump, Slayer not playing Angel of Death etc etc.

One time I saw Slayer and I got no Angel of Death. I really was not dissapointed, I heard a billion times anyway.