Applied for a job... stupid error.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
So I applied for a job last week, typed my resume, typed my cover letter, and showed it to 5 different people (who had constructive criticism).

Retyped, showed it again to 5 different people (who cleared it), then sent it in.

Spelling error somehow found it's way into a header word.

Speaking of which, I typed it in word (so why the fuck wasn't there a red line under the word).

Also: It was the word "Technical", FUCKING E WAS MISSING!

So yeah I'm a little bummed out about it.

I didn't know about it till I went to do my fallow up call (with resume open) and there it was, son of a BITCH. :erk: :cry:

At least it wasn't like "i am to be applying here, i has refrncs - my bff jill lololol"
Hopefully they'll look past it/skim over it like the people that checked it did.

Don't let that drag you down! Sometimes, the most obvious things are being overlooked, especially with Typos as we don't read words letter for letter.

A few years ago, I wrote a scientific research paper about political online communication (pure statistic hell) and me and my buddy used to get carried away all the time from it, playing football games and drinking beer... At one point, we were so mentally done with this crap that we wrote the word:

FOTZENSCHWEIN

in this exact color and size on the very last page of our bibliography/enclosures.

Thing is, I forgot to erase it before having it printed out and delivering it.

:lol:

Don't mind it. Usually the job applications are so boring to read, the people reading them will positively notice those that stick out for one reason or another. Especially if the place you're applying for has tens or even hundreds of applicants.

Don't let that drag you down! Sometimes, the most obvious things are being overlooked, especially with Typos as we don't read words letter for letter.

A few years ago, I wrote a scientific research paper about political online communication (pure statistic hell) and me and my buddy used to get carried away all the time from it, playing football games and drinking beer... At one point, we were so mentally done with this crap that we wrote the word:

FOTZENSCHWEIN

in this exact color and size on the very last page of our bibliography/enclosures.

"Cuntpig"? :lol: Epic dude :D

^this is true, unfortunately...i've done my share of going thru applications, and i use any reason i can think of to toss shit out from the start

typo? gone.

GED? gone.

lots of jobs in a short of period of time? gone.

run-on sentences? gone.

shitty punctuation? gone.

the list goes on and on...

FOTZENSCHWEIN

EPIC!!!

Just as epic as that tv editor saying

SCHWEINEKOTELETT

totally random on TV :lol:

^this is true, unfortunately...i've done my share of going thru applications, and i use any reason i can think of to toss shit out from the start

typo? gone.

GED? gone.

lots of jobs in a short of period of time? gone.

run-on sentences? gone.

shitty punctuation? gone.

the list goes on and on...

I hear you on this, but I am applying for a job that requires very specific skills so..... I'm hoping despite my retarded move I still win out.

I get it though, I may have more than likely fucked my self over. Especially in today's fuck all economy.