Appreciation RIOT

fraculator

New Metal Member
Oct 29, 2011
Just wanted to say that in the reviews posted I noticed Mike Flyntz is only mentioned once or twice. Sad considering how much work he put in on this new album. I applaud the whole band for their nice work, but I give Mike some extra for a job well done. Nice job

You're right. Bobby is quoted for his monstrous drumming, Mark for the amazing work with the lead and the riffs, Tony for the outstanding vocals and DVS for the great and solid work with the bass, but the don't talk much about Mike. I think he's a kickass guitarist... I heard that Mike also teaches guitar, what a pity I'm not in the US:erk:

Oh yeah man he does. I'm actually a 3 year student of Mike's. He's thinking about doing a youtube channel where he teaches how to do Riot riffs and solos. He might also do guitar technique videos as well. Anyway...It just kind of sucks that Mike gets hung out as the "other" guitarist when he probably wrote many of the awesome things you hear on the album. I'm sure if you ask the band members they would all give each other equal credit. That's what critics do though, they find the lead creator, in Riot's case that's Mark, whose been writing lightning riffs for years, and he's the go to guy because he has that traditional draw to the fans.

Oh yeah man he does. I'm actually a 3 year student of Mike's. He's thinking about doing a youtube channel where he teaches how to do Riot riffs and solos. He might also do guitar technique videos as well. Anyway...It just kind of sucks that Mike gets hung out as the "other" guitarist when he probably wrote many of the awesome things you hear on the album. I'm sure if you ask the band members they would all give each other equal credit. That's what critics do though, they find the lead creator, in Riot's case that's Mark, whose been writing lightning riffs for years, and he's the go to guy because he has that traditional draw to the fans.

Yeah, I'm sure Mike is so involved into the songwriting...

Oh my, I really hope he'll do a youtube channel, that would be awesome! Ahahah it's funny, I'm trying to play the whole rhythm section of Wings are for Angels, but there are some chords that are actually difficult to find out, so this would really help me and maybe a lot of other guitarists... I think this explains a lot the hard work of the two guitarists, because Mike it's not just the guitarist who play the rhythm sections like a copy-paste from Mark, but he adds something that gives the recent Riot sound what it needs to be the one we all know. I hope I explained myself clear, but I think that that's what a two-guitars band should be.

Check out the new song - that's what a two-guitars band should be ON #12 ECHOES....