Arcade Games Of The 1980's love?

I've not been in Virginia Beach for a little while, but I wonder if that one arcade is still there. They had a bunch of the old classic games. Sometimes I can satisfy my old 80's arcade fix with an iCade and my Android tablet running DroidMAME. Not only that, but I actually have a couple of the old arcade games in my basement (Choplifter and 1943 - Battle over Midway). They both still work (in fact, I was playing Choplifter down there just recently while waiting for the dryer to finish those last few minutes so I can get laundry done).

I've not been in Virginia Beach for a little while, but I wonder if that one arcade is still there. They had a bunch of the old classic games. Sometimes I can satisfy my old 80's arcade fix with an iCade and my Android tablet running DroidMAME. Not only that, but I actually have a couple of the old arcade games in my basement (Choplifter and 1943 - Battle over Midway). They both still work (in fact, I was playing Choplifter down there just recently while waiting for the dryer to finish those last few minutes so I can get laundry done).

Absolutely loved 1943!

Sean - Did you ever go to the metal club Fotch's back in the day?
It was on the north side of the city, I can't remember the exact cross streets.

Anyhow, they had a room where the bands played, and then the common area had about 20 80s style arcade games in the room.

For the record, my fav game was always GALAGA.

I am a Galaga king.

Sean have you gone to Galloping Ghost in Brookfield? it is an 80's arcade. 15 bucks for all day. Games are free...just pay the entrance fee. I havent gone yet but people who have loved it.

I personally miss the arcades of the 90's, when cabinets were giant machines. Especially SEGA's arcade machines. Sooo good. Miss those days so much. :'(

I personally miss the arcades of the 90's, when cabinets were giant machines. Especially SEGA's arcade machines. Sooo good. Miss those days so much. :'(

my only issue with the 90's arcades were that every game was either a Double Dragon / Mortal Combat rip off or just a First Person shooter.

It is crazy replaying some of those old games. Some like Burgertime are super hard.

I am also a HUGE Dig-Dug fan as well. I could play on 1 quarter for such a long time.

Some of my favorites were Zaxxon, Gladiator, Rygar, Rampage, WWF Battle Royale, Crystal Castles, Russian Attack and Ghost n Goblins.

Seem to be more "barcades" popping up in different places. Hell, even Knoxville has one, and that would be one of the last places I would expect to have one. I mostly make due with running MAME for the occasional fix, though it isn't really the same thing.

Galaga, Ghosts n Goblins and Gauntlet all saw mad quarters from me.

"Wizard needs food"

I actually met my best friend playing Galaga back around 1981. We were both scoring rivals at a machine at the local mall, but had never been there at the same time. I saw someone playing, went over and quartered up. He gave me this obnoxious smirk, and continued to play. I knew we went to school together, but didn't really know him. I then put two and two together and realized it was my Galaga nemesis. We got to talking, finished our games, got pizza, and have been great friends since.

I used to run a large arcade around 83 in a college town. Loved it. What better job for a game junkie right out of school. I was always at work...

I miss the Broadway Arcade in Manhattan. I played in the Pinball League they had over there. I loved the Addams Family and Twilight Zone machines they had there. Ahhh, "The Vatican of Pinball" that place was. But, as for '80's video games? I loved Nintendo's sports series and that three-screen game Xenophobe. I dropped serious quarters as Mr. Eeez shooting off his laser pistol (best weapon in that game).

I miss alot of arcades in Manhattan. Long Island had some of the best arcades as well. RIP. This is too sad for me to think about. Have you been to Barcade in Williamsburg? I hear it's a pretty cool place.

Ready for a wacky one?

Miner 2049er!!!

300px-C64_Miner_2049er.png

Ah,
the early 80's,
back to the cool days of my favorite Arcade in
high school-SuperCade in doraville/norcross when I was
going to Peachtreee High in dunwoody,
the great days of hearing the awesome wonderful sounds of Galaga, Galaxian, Robotron 2084, Centipede, Millipede, Tempest,
Defender, Stargate, Zaxxon, Xevious, Asteroids, Space Duel,
Venture, Berzerk, Tempest, Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong jr., Satan's Hollow, Joust, Joust 2, Phoenix, Wizard Of Wor,
Gorf, Jungle King, Moon Patrol, Qbert, Dig Dug, Pole Position, :worship:
lots of others,
I just can't seem to remember them all right now! :lol:

My all time favorite was probably Vanguard. I also saw mention of Rush 'n Attack above-- also a favorite. I also played Pooyan a lot at the movie theater-- the one where you are pigs in a tree shooting arrows at wolves coming up on balloons-- at least I think it was wolves...

I recently happily paid $5 for Dragon's Lair for the IPad.

In addition to a lot of the ones already mentioned, during my freshman year of HS, I played a very obscure game called Jack the Giant Killer. A buddy's father owned an arcade and for some reason, this game became the gold standard among all the games we played. It was part Pac Man and part Frogger in terms of game play.