Arch Enemy -Rise of the Tyrant

Necrotime.

Disappointment!
Im not the biggest AE-fan atm (used to be though) but I have allways been really impressed by how fresh and interesting their riffs are. Not this time. Im really surprised over how uninspired and boring the riffs are on this album. Sure, they are faster than on the previous two records but where did the creativity go?
Angela sounds much better though.

If only Mikael Amott accepted the fact that he isn't the star attraction of Arch Enemy maybe they'd make an excellent album. As it is, his guitar wanking sessions are getting more and more over the top, and Angela Gossow's vocals are being sidelined.

Really. Mikael. Give it up mate.

I much prefer Wages of Sin to this new album, simply because it was more raw and firey. More of that, please.

do they still have a female singer? Yes? Another terrible album.

I don't follow what you're saying... Are you saying that if they still have the female singer that the album is terrible? The way you wrote it makes it sound like you haven't even heard it yet.

On another note, I see you're in Orlando as well. Coll fucking beans. I don't know about you but I only really associate with like 3 people that listen to metal around here & they're all former or past members of my band. Shitty scene here now.

I did DL the album a few weeks ago but I haven't got a chance to listen to it yet. I'm sure it will be alright though. Only thing I didn't like from them was "Wages of Sin" & probably "Burning Bridges". They're not great really, but pretty standard & they've put out some fair stuff. I will eventually get around to checking it out in the next week or two.

If only Mikael Amott accepted the fact that he isn't the star attraction of Arch Enemy maybe they'd make an excellent album. As it is, his guitar wanking sessions are getting more and more over the top, and Angela Gossow's vocals are being sidelined.

Really. Mikael. Give it up mate.

Yikes Brother, Michael Amott is definitely not a guitar wanker. Maybe his brother is a little bit but that would be an opinion I definitely do not share. They're reserved players, ESPECIALLY Michael.

I'm not a humongo fan boi of them, but I've listened to them quite a bit.

this album would be better if it was called rise of the triad and inside was the game rise of the triad only ported to osx, and then you got to kill michael arnott and his dumb slut singer as normal enemies repeatedly because they've been foisting shitty music upon the world for like a decade or more.

I can't tell them apart, to be honest. He's just the only one I remember.

And not a guitar wanker? Maybe I don't listen to the right bands, but Enter The Machine's outro rift sounds like wankage to me. Messed up the song for me, to be honest.

Michael plays about all the bendy pentatonic solos, while he relegated all the shredding to his younger brother Chris who has a pretty damn good technique in my eye. I personally prefer his band Armageddon to anything Arch Enemy has ever done.

Your views depend on what you think a guitar wanker is I guess. Some people might think a guy is a wanker because he plays a power chord in a riff. I believe a guitar wanker is a guy who way over uses fast scale runs & major/minor hyperspeed sweeps. As much as I'm a fan & influenced by him Yngwie comes to mind as being guilty of wanking a good bit.

Sharp decline after Wages of Sin, they've been slowly stepping up their game with each album after Anthems of Rebellion.