ARCH / MATHEOS U.S. Appearance

@ euleria: it's standing room only. Thankfully it's in early May, because in the summer it's a sweatbox in there!

Most shows have seats/tables available (a few) towards the back if you get there early enough. ;)

Were you there for the Fates Warning show? Tell me that wasn't the hottest place you've ever been to... :lol:

Most shows have seats/tables available (a few) towards the back if you get there early enough. ;)

Were you there for the Fates Warning show? Tell me that wasn't the hottest place you've ever been to... :lol:

The worst one I've been to was a Children of Bodom gig at the Masquerade in Atlanta back in 08 or 09. It was the middle of summer, at least 95 degrees, the place was jam-packed and there was no AC. The band played a short, fast set and got the hell out of there. I kept expecting to see bodies on the floor when the place emptied out.

Yeah, a few years back, Kamelot played at what was then known as The Galaxy in Orange County. It was late summer and temps had to be in the high 90's low 100's. Khan requested that the a/c be turned OFF in the building to help his voice. I knew we were in trouble. Leaves Eyes were one of the openers and you could tell they were practically dying up there. I knew we were in trouble. By the time Kamelot took the stage, it felt like we were all standing in a sauna. I made it through most of the set but bailed near the end. The kicker? It didn't help Roy one bit.

OMG! Yes I was there for that Sauna from Hell!! The only show worse was Iron Maiden at The Orpheum in Boston on the Ed Hunter mini tour. That place was roasting PLUS it was a sausagefest with fat shirtless sweaty men everywhere! :puke:

I was at the FW show too. Def one of the hottest shows I've ever been too. It was totally worth the 4hr drive to see them, though!!! Already made my hotel reserv. for the A/M show. Waiting for tix to go on sale.

Best, in my opinion.

I'll second that! That album really is awesome and a must buy for anybody that has even the tiniest interest in prog metal or Fates Warning.

I would love to go to this show. I'll have to see how feasible it would be to take the train up there.

EDIT- $126 round trip on Amtrak to get to Hartford directly from Fredericksburg. I wonder how close the venue is to the train station. I am going to have to give this some serious consideration as I would love to see this show.

I'll second that! That album really is awesome and a must buy for anybody that has even the tiniest interest in prog metal or Fates Warning.

I would love to go to this show. I'll have to see how feasible it would be to take the train up there.

EDIT- $126 round trip on Amtrak to get to Hartford directly from Fredericksburg. I wonder how close the venue is to the train station. I am going to have to give this some serious consideration as I would love to see this show.

I'm thinking of doing this as well, as is (I think) Mike Blevins.

I selfishly hoped there would be no US dates as I knew there would likely only be one date, in CT, which I can't attend :( Now I'm just going to hope someone records a decent boot or even a crappy video of some of the performance. I'm really curious to hear what John can still do live. He performed wonderfully almost 30 years ago, but admitted it really took a toll on him, as anyone who has sung Fata Morgana in their car knows ;)

I selfishly hoped there would be no US dates as I knew there would likely only be one date, in CT, which I can't attend :( Now I'm just going to hope someone records a decent boot or even a crappy video of some of the performance. I'm really curious to hear what John can still do live. He performed wonderfully almost 30 years ago, but admitted it really took a toll on him, as anyone who has sung Fata Morgana in their car knows ;)

Keep It True always records all the performances. There should be some high quality video from that show.

If that many people are coming up to CT for this show, I may have to make it somehow. It'd be nice to have a ProgPower mini-event in Connecticut of all places...:lol: