Archaeology from your area

Ziuwarian

Ancient
Jun 3, 2002
Duraborea
Visit site
Yes, it resembles the ancient places from your area thread... I think that one's gone tho?! Since the forum got restarted somewhen, or?

Today I stumbled across something both archaeological and astronomical fascinating - in a wood area around Nebra (Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany) some ring wall structure dating about 3600 years old. After they also discovered a 2 kg heavy disk (bronzen) with engravings on it, which was identified as a star map and judging from other findings, the place was used as an observatory. This would make it the oldest observatory known so far. The farmers could determine the exact date of year and thus the proper time for sowing and reaping crop etc.

Quite fascinating, as such an important thing was never found before in this area.

near my city(turin-north of italy) there is a bridge called "devil bridge" by the old people of the city.
they say that in a full moon night on middleage satan and a man encounter each other for stipulation of a path.

then the man don't follow the path and the devil re encounter him at the same bridge several months later.

the devil try to kill the man
but it was a rainy night and a flash hit the devil on the back while he fight with the man on the top of this bridge(it have a shape of a 2 sided triangle)

so now there is a dark spot of carbon on the top of the bridge...

now sometimes turin's black metallers do black masses in this place!:rolleyes:

this is not archeology but is a good story.

i went here several times and one night with the full moon ...

it is sure a black metal place!:eek:

:D

Well I live in the Oberpfalz (wich is the north of Bavaria),and you just have to walk in the "woods" to find some old celtic walls.Nothing really famouse around here *s* but they're really everywhere!

the archaeologic museum in iceland has been closed for 10 years under renovation/contruction
ArgH! those damn politicians are traitors not giving the sufficient financial support for it!

suckers of Satans Cock!

money-grabbing whores of Babylon the lot of them!

Originally posted by dimensionidol
near my city(turin-north of italy) there is a bridge called "devil bridge" by the old people of the city.
they say that in a full moon night on middleage satan and a man encounter each other for stipulation of a path.

then the man don't follow the path and the devil re encounter him at the same bridge several months later.

the devil try to kill the man
but it was a rainy night and a flash hit the devil on the back while he fight with the man on the top of this bridge(it have a shape of a 2 sided triangle)

There something similar in a village near here on the hills: a bridge called "ponte gobbo" (hunched bridge), i don't the whole story but i think it has something to do with the devil, he went under that bridge and tried to push it up to destroy it but the bridge stood, so he only bent it..

In Västergötland (Sweden) there aren't much archeology things, but in Öland, there are quite much. There was and is a viking burial on my grandfather and grandmothers yard/lands (trädgård?) for an example...

Yes! Öland has some thing to show for archaeology :) I've only been at Ekertorps borg, tho... we were just on our way through... and we were at the southern tip of the island (that area beyond that famous wall)

So you're from Öland? I liked it there :) Pretty much grassland an some moors, too? If I remember correctly, it was some time ago.

I'm halfly from Öland, but I do not live there. And yep, the whole land is plain, not even a small hill is to be found, so there is many fields of grass or moors there. Perhaps you saw Alvaret when you travelled there? It is a great moor or a field about in the middle of Öland. A very special moor, hard to describe it.
And Eketorps Borg is a great place, it's just too bad it isn't alive anymore. But it is a great feeling to walk around there.

Where are you from then?