Architects

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
Never have I seen a band that blows me away like these dudes. Been playing them ALOT lately and seeing as how I hate metalcore that definitely says something.

Also something about how the drums sound super fat and natural makes me forget any other drum production I have ever heard

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwn0DGWjDog&feature=channel&list=UL[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like it'll be a good album.

defo has that new thing going on sonically..... more natural and 'analog' with movement but still the punch and tightness from DAW techniques....been hearing this a lot lately.

a hybrid setup studio is the way of the future. period.

new album rules

shame most people can't get over the fact that they have changed since hollow crown. I for one don't want to hear a band make the same album over and over

their new stuff is extremely gay

care to elaborate? I don't know what their new vs. old stuff is. I just listened to the song Hollow Crown and that sounded pretty "gay" as far as cleans go.

This doesn't sound too gay

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHHJF2cUwyY&feature=related[/ame]

Unless by gay you mean you just don't like it

iv'e grown respect for bands that still play a 6-string these days. they seem to become a rare breed...

F*** I kinda liked it until the clean chorus killed it... And I love clean singing, it just sounds modern-2010s-core-gayish. Too bad, cause otherwise I love the power he gives to his yells

I'm with Adam here

Anybody who says the production is fresh hasn't lived in the UK where every other record has the exact same sound and samples on courtesy of the Outhouse Studios conveyer belt.

Anybody who says the production is fresh hasn't lived in the UK where every other record has the exact same sound and samples on courtesy of the Outhouse Studios conveyer belt.

just because it has been done a million times doesn't mean its not well done. I understand where your coming from though.

Big Architects fan, however I don't think they'll ever get back to their prime of Hollow Crown. That album has to be one of my favorites, music wise and production wise. It's so raw and in your face.

care to elaborate? I don't know what their new vs. old stuff is. I just listened to the song Hollow Crown and that sounded pretty "gay" as far as cleans go.

The whole album Hollow Crown is awesome, and this is coming from a person who hates nearly all metalcore as well. The only thing about the album I really don't like is the clean singing, but other than that this band used to have pure balls with a really interesting approach to metalcore. Now they're gay(More formulaic, heavy emphasis on shitty clean choruses, uninspired, trying to be something they aren't, etc.) Plus, his vocals used to be cool as shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to my other reply from a couple days ago that had a bunch of Hollow Crown tunes? Weird.

AllanD nailed it though, band just sounds like a bunch of pretenders nowadays playing formulaic garbage, you can instantly hear the lack of heart in the new material vs. the stuff on Hollow Crown. Complete and utter shit.

Last edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHHJF2cUwyY&feature=related

Gotta be honest, I listened to the one AllanD posted, and really had to force myself to make it a couple of minutes in (and when 2:14 came in, game over, those vocals are just unbearable :yuk: ); yeah, I get that there's energy and aggression etc., but it's just way too dissonant, noisy, and generally unpleasant to listen to for my tastes, never been my thing (I detest Dillinger Escape Plan and pretty much all mathcore for the same reasons).

The above tune, on the other hand, was like a breath of fresh air (my god, melody, what a concept! :Spin: ), and the way you guys were talking about it, you'd think it was fucking Atreyu or something haha; I don't hear any "lack of heart" or intense pussification/selling-out, just presence of restraint, god forbid (though yes the lyrics kinda sucked, but song lyrics mean practically nothing to me, so I just scrolled down and they disappeared into obscurity - problem solved :D)