Arcturus news

GunJohn

New Metal Member
May 26, 2005
Arcturus news

Arcturus might tour the US next year, new album to get a remaster and maybe remixing.

Void: There's a rumour going that something went wrong with the mastering of Sideshow Symphony… that Season Of Mist got the wrong version and made their own version which is fucked up.
Tore: Nothing went wrong. I did the mastering myself, and it sounds great, but the day after that, Season Of Mist told the studio that they wanted an unmastered version of the album, which they got. And they did their own mastering and fukced it up.

Hugh: No, no, no. It was a data transfer error that led to the differences in things.

Tore: No, I did the fade out on "Daemon Painter" myself…

Hugh: And it's not there? There's a lot of talking going around [laughs]. Anyway; things have been fucked up.

Lolk: Maybe it's not official…
Tore: This is official. Season Of Mist fucked up [laughs].
Hugh: I know for a fact that we are getting on with a remixing and remastering of the album. We feel that it would be worth it.

Void: An entirely new version or just a remaster?
Tore: It's going to be a least a remastered version.

Lolk: Speaking of rumours… it is rumoured that Simen burps on "Daemon Painter".
Hugh: Oh, yeah!

Tore: He does. And I was actually the engineer when he recorded the vocals for that track, and he didn't know that I was recording it. I just kept the tape. He liked the idea, though.

Hugh: There's split opinions on that, too.

Tore: I like it.

Lolk: The future: a DVD from the Solstice Festival is on the steps, a new album and…?
Hugh: We're working on some weird stage props… we were going to have them ready for this tour, but time…

Tore: We're trying to spread our music to America and Asia. We're actually planning a tour in North America, and maybe Australia and South America, but it's a project thing. First we take Europe… 'then we take Berlin' [laughs].

Read the entire interview here:

http://www.antenna.nu/arcturus/interview1.php

I fucking love arcturus although have never heard slideshow symphonies. I would love to see them play but I highly doupt they will come to new mexico.

Arcturus are amazing. I saw them in London back in October and it was one of the best shows Ive ever seen. We got the full stage show with costumes, dancers and great lighting. The only bad thing about the show was that they didnt play Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer.