Arcturus- The Sham Mirrors

Mischievous

Jun 24, 2002
Sweden
:worship:

Arcturus is doing whath they known to do....
¡Surprising us with this great album!

Long life to Arcturus...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strange. I find The Sham Mirrors to be their best of the two I have. I have fallen in love with it over the past three weeks, listening to it non-stop. I ordered LMI and it came the other day. Not what I was expecting. Good, but not as great as TSM. Whats AHS like? It's the only one I dont have.

AHS is much more black metal than the other two. It has the grim vocals and is symphonic black metal. Good stuff really. It was recently re-released with hard to find EP's.

More thoughts:

I still play this album daily. I love everything about it, literally everything. There isnt one note that I dont like or that seems out of place at all. Basically, I get lost in it. I love when music does that to me. I love how there are "songs" within songs...know what I mean? It's like each track has two or three completely separate parts. It's utterly amazing. The singing and guitar work are fabulous. The drums are amazing as well. I have to say the best part of this album is Sverd's keyboard work. I mean, the layering isnt spectacular like Devin Townsend-esqe, but still dazzling. It gives the music such a "space age" feel to it. Futeristic metal from, as the title and tracks pretain to, another galaxy. This was my first Arcturus album, and I can say it's not only one of the best albums Ive heard this year, but one of the best albums I have ever heard period. A truly fantastic journey. The 10 minute epic album closer For to an end yet Again is mesmorizing. A brilliant album in all regards.

AHS is symphonic black metal.

LMI is like a theatrical/opera "evil" metal album...hard to describe, but fantastic. Their most experimental and umcompromising album.

TSI is like I said, "futeristic" metal...another hard to describe album. Not black metal at all except for one track with a guest appearance by Ihsahn, and a few random elements on other songs. Fucking amazing album!

Whatever you think you'd like the most out of those, buy first!