Are all of your passive guitars shielded with/to strings?

CronosBeyond

Apr 5, 2007
Germany
www.far-beyond.com
I recently switched in my two guitars from active pickups to passive ones. To make it short: in my ESP Horizon with very short cable ways, no grounding to the strings was necessary to avoid hum - the guitar is dead quiet.

Unlike my LTD EC, where I have hum. Cable runs are much longer in the LTD due to the long way to the 3-way switch. So I connected the ground to the strings (like recommended in every forum) and the noise is gone.

So the question came up in my head: how are things going in your guitars? All passive ones shielded with strings?

Passives require the strings be grounded. Actives are optional. My Agile with EMGs came with the strings grounded...dead fucking quiet, noise is not an issue with that guitar.

Agile with EMGs

Completely off topic, but I was just looking at getting one of these myself! Oh man those baritone 7's are nice looking guitars, specs and bodystyle, and I'd probably throw some 81-7's in there. I already have an Agile bass that was well worth the money I paid for it, so what the hell, why not :D how do you like yours? Which model did you get?

Completely off topic, but I was just looking at getting one of these myself! Oh man those baritone 7's are nice looking guitars, specs and bodystyle, and I'd probably throw some 81-7's in there. I already have an Agile bass that was well worth the money I paid for it, so what the hell, why not :D how do you like yours? Which model did you get?

I have the Interceptor Pro 625 EB Black Flame. Absolutely love it, although the truss rod needs to be re-threaded (doesn't have enough threads to compensate for string tnesion) and needs to be refretted, the worst fret job I have ever seen outside a $100 First Act. $300 worth of work and it will play as good as any ESP standard models I have played, including the George Lynch signature which is an amazing guitar btw. My only complaint is that the ebony is a little lack luster when you are really inspecting it, but still looks one thousand times better than say Carvin's Ebony boards.