are Nuclear Blast becoming the new Roadrunner?

wow this guy is too Tr00 for me i better go cower behind my new soilwork c.d, you stupid dork.............listen faggot go eat some pigs in a blanket with an HIV infected needle

Do you mean that in a good way or a bad one? Cuz the Roadrunner I think of, at one time, had top flight shit...at least to an impressionable teenager (i.e. me). Then we all know where it went (i.e. the shitter).

So, do you mean Nukie Blast is kinda like Roadrunner was in its former underground glory? Or are you saying theyve gone trendy with their current state and diluted everything?

Or am I just high? :Smokin:

Roadruner really started to suck balls around 98 when they starting siging bands like coalchamber, slipknot etc.... But they did sign killswitch engage so maybe things are starting to look up

Originally posted by Vienyard
Cuz the Roadrunner I think of, at one time, had top flight shit...at least to an impressionable teenager (i.e. me).
Do you mean that you ate, shat, and breathed RoadRunner when you were a teen as well? :D I loved that old message board! Type O Negative, Biohazard, Life of Agony, Sepultura, etc. :headbang:

The bands from the first post are all great, although I'm not familiar with Theatre of Tragedy.

Originally posted by NAD
Do you mean that you ate, shat, and breathed RoadRunner when you were a teen as well? :D I loved that old message board! Type O Negative, Biohazard, Life of Agony, Sepultura, etc. :headbang:

The bands from the first post are all great, although I'm not familiar with Theatre of Tragedy.

LOL so do you remember vomit?

I actually very much like all the bands I listed, so this isn't a bashing thread, more of a speculative one. Yes, I meant comparison as mentioned; in the light that many of the bigger names on Nuclear Blast are adopting a more mainstream sound and therefore changing the 'image' or style of the label, much as what has already happened to Roadrunner. I suppose short of Nuclear Blast signing a nu-metal band, such comparisons are superficial, but I was just curious as to what other people thought nonetheless. Safe to say, no-one's really considered it.

To the person above. If you have no label, you have no worldwide distribution of your favourite bands, so no, you shouldn't just 'fuck the labels and listen to the music'. People who say that just come-across as retards who can't be bothered to think about anything.

He meant what we all thought he meant...that Nuclear Blast is going trendy. Roadrunner, Relapse & Century Media are all great labels. Deicide was the first "death metal" band I listened to and they are on Roadrunner. Fuck it if they wanna sign more trendy bands, then they might use some of that $$$ to get European bands to come to the states more than once a year. (Milwaukee)

Originally posted by SculptedCold

To the person above. If you have no label, you have no worldwide distribution of your favourite bands, so no, you shouldn't just 'fuck the labels and listen to the music'. People who say that just come-across as retards who can't be bothered to think about anything.

Hey, I didn´t front you, so I´d appreciate if the tone was kept peacefully... What I mean is, that one shouldn´t bother if it´s Sony Music, Nuclear Blast or any garagerecording that might turn out well, as long as the music they promote to people is great!! I dont turn on mainstream neither.. None in these forums do (I think), but if a label are succesfull and specialized in metal, one shouldn´t care for what other buisnesses they might have going on!!!

Originally posted by edwardgein
No, its not that they aren't metal enough. They just plain out suck ass.
I saw them open for Soilwork and Hypocrisy, I thought they were pretty good. I only heard about 4 songs though.

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
Hey, I didn´t front you, so I´d appreciate if the tone was kept peacefully... What I mean is, that one shouldn´t bother if it´s Sony Music, Nuclear Blast or any garagerecording that might turn out well, as long as the music they promote to people is great!! I dont turn on mainstream neither.. None in these forums do (I think), but if a label are succesfull and specialized in metal, one shouldn´t care for what other buisnesses they might have going on!!!

Agreed. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so hostile, apologies due and given.