Are There Any Great Japanese Metal Bands?

Shadow, GrimForce, Kaizer, King's Evil, Manipulated Slaves, Funeral Rites, Loudness, Metalucifer, K.N.S.K.,Yellow Machine Gun,Eternal Elysium, Necronomicon, Church Of Misery.

Originally posted by junnie from the east
yes i saw them opening for Dimmu Borgir. they sounded good, but the stage appearance was weak (am i making sense?)
maybe after spme stage experience, they will get much better! :)

I agreed... I thought the more the band tried to communicate with the audience, the better the whole stage performance has got... In point of this Edge of Spirit were the better live performers than them when they played with Arch Enemy.

Unfortunately I don't know so many Japanese metal bands but now I'm interested in the doom metal band called Ningen-Isu. Does anyone recommend me which CD is the best?

oh yeah i saw Edge of Spirit a couple of years ago, right after their debut... i liked them better.. still i think Defiled is the best japanese act, i mean stage performance.

hey what's up warcorpse!!! it's nice to see you here and you know a lot of japanese bands... even Necronomicon??? i'm surprised!!! :)
i thought they were still kinda local band... how did you know their name/music?

Originally posted by junnie from the east
hey what's up warcorpse!!! it's nice to see you here and you know a lot of japanese bands... even Necronomicon??? i'm surprised!!! :)
i thought they were still kinda local band... how did you know their name/music?

Hello Junnie, I learned about some of those bands from a guy in Japan who I traded CDs with. I also read a lot of metal sites and metal magazines. :cool:

Let's see...

Since I don't like the songs sang in Japanese very much, I really don't know Japanese band much, but here's some....

BLINDMAN, MASTERMIND, REVERB, REAL-TENSION, BEFORE CHRIST BUTTERFLY, CEMETARY, AZRAEL, BLASDEAD, SABER TIGER, OUTRAGE(of course!), and my personal frind's APHASIA.

Well, not all of them are "metal", but still, they're good, I think :headbang:

MetalLucifer is hilarious and rocking...get Heavy Metal Drill hahaha

and isn't Abigail Japanese? And Tyrant, Ritual Carnage, blah blah blah

CSSO,CATASEXUAL URGE MOTIVATION(now they known as VAMPIRIC MOTIVES),TRANSESSGOR,SABBATH(thrash dark metal legendary!!!!),CARCASS GRINDER,COGNUETAL HAEMORRHAIDS(too noisy for me...!!)VORTEX(technical death metal...!!!) and a lot of tones metal/grind bands from japan...

p/s:i think,japan has many grind and black metal bands...is true??