are these cd's worth picking up cheap?

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Saw these in the used bins today...haven't heard any of them...are they worth $7.99?

VINNIE VINCENT INVASION - Believe it or not I've never heard this one, as big of a KISS fan as I am and I did love Vinnie in the Ankh (sp?) makeup...TROOPER, I guess you can answer this one?

LOUDNESS - s/t

LYNCH MOB - Revolution or something like that...looked cool...beefed up covers of Dokken songs

STEPHEN PEARCY - Before and Laughter

KING DIAMOND - Abigail - I almost bought this one but for some reason I chose not to spend money...had lunch instead....HOw does this compare to PUPPETMASTER?

I guess I'm looking for a "sure thing" classic before I drop my dough...but these looked good...

what do y'all think?
Ted

Ohhhh duuuuuuude..

Vinnie Vincent Invasion is AWESOME. If you wanna read a review of it (which I think is totally spot on!) go to www.metal-reviews.com and look it up under V. It's possibly my favourite album of all time! Probably the sleaziest and most ear-shattering "hair metal" album ever recorded. I love it! Right from the guitar feedback intro of "Boyz Are Gonna Rock" its just a full-on assault of screaming guitars, killer riffs, huge choruses, nasty-ass attitude, ear shattering vocals and over-the-top sleaze! (Except for 2 ballads, one of which was demoed for Creatures Of The Night actually, AWESOME song - Back On The Streets).

So yep I'd say yes to that one!

I'm not sure about Lynch Mob - Revolution as I haven't heard it. Their first 2 albums are really awesome but after that they went a bit shit. Apparently this new one is meant to be ok but I haven't heard it so I have no idea, I'm still a bit skeptical.

And I dunno what any of the Loudness albums are like, I've just heard songs here and there but the band sound cool. I'd pick it up cheap coz they sound great from what I've heard.

Thank you kind sir. I will pick the Vinnie disc up for sure...I always loved Vinnie and just never saw this disc (s/t) anywhere...I've always seen All Systems Go but not the first album. I was never a fan of Mark Slaughter but surely Vinnie's guitars drown him out?!?! haha

I don't like King Diamond vocals, but "Abigail" is one hell of an album. Just wait for 'A Mansion In Darkness':headbang:

tedvanfrehley said:
Thank you kind sir. I will pick the Vinnie disc up for sure...I always loved Vinnie and just never saw this disc (s/t) anywhere...I've always seen All Systems Go but not the first album. I was never a fan of Mark Slaughter but surely Vinnie's guitars drown him out?!?! haha
This disc doesn't actually feature the vocal disaster that is Mark (S)Laughter!
:D

Mark Slaughter is only on All Systems Go :) Robert Fleischman handles vocals on self titled, he sounds like a mix between Mark Slaughter, Ozzy Osbourne & Vince Neil if thats possible haha. To my ears anyway, he has Mark's high pitch, Ozzy's strange tone & Vince's attitude & snarl. He suits VVI alot better than Mark Slaughter did too, and yep on the debut Vinnie's guitars pretty much take the forefront (whereas on All Systems Go its much more melodic rock sounding and Mark Slaughter is the focus of the songs).

tedvanfrehley said:
VINNIE VINCENT INVASION - Believe it or not I've never heard this one, as big of a KISS fan as I am and I did love Vinnie in the Ankh (sp?) makeup...TROOPER, I guess you can answer this one?

LOUDNESS - s/t

LYNCH MOB - Revolution or something like that...looked cool...beefed up covers of Dokken songs

STEPHEN PEARCY - Before and Laughter

KING DIAMOND - Abigail - I almost bought this one but for some reason I chose not to spend money...had lunch instead....HOw does this compare to PUPPETMASTER?

Ted

VINNIE VINCENT INVASION - grab this one for sure. Didn't this just get re-issued?

LOUDNESS - Loudness albums are hard to find here in the States so get this one and if you don't like it I'll buy it from you... not kidding! I've not heard this one but just read a review that said it's an aggressive sounding album for Loudness, plus the singer from EZO is on it...... never knew that!!

LYNCH MOB - Pass..... Lynch without Dokken, what's the point?

STEPHEN PEARCY - Never heard this. If you get it tell us how it is.

KING DIAMOND - PAAAAASSSSSSSS!! I'll keep my thought's on Kingy boy to myself as it seems that we have allot of fans of his here on the board.

Is the singer from EZO on a Loudness album? Cool! I love EZO! Personally I prefer them to Loudness, awesome band!! "Fire Fire" is a KILLER album! Very underrated!

Gene Simmons must have been CRAP at managing other bands coz seriously, every band that Gene Simmons either managed, signed or produced was AWESOME. Just look at the list - Black N Blue, EZO, Gypsy Rose, Keel, Silent Rage, Crown of Thorns.... all fantastic underrated bands who deserved to be huge and none of them got the success they should have. He certainly had an eye for the talented bands, then must've screwed up their careers!

Here's my latest Haul-2.6.03:
Yngwie Malmsteen-Odyssey(This is by far my fovorie disc by "The Viking King." He has some killer guitar tones on this. Joe Lynn Turner is one hell of a singer!)
Deep Purple-Knockin' on Your Back Door(The best of DP in the 80's)
Humanary Stew A Tribute to Alice Cooper
UFO-Essential UFO
Metallica-Kill 'Em All(I had to replace a copy that I fucked up a while back)
Iron Maiden-Brave New World(Another Replacement copy)
Dream Theater-Scenes from New York (DVD)

sixxswine said:
Here's my latest Haul-2.6.03:
Yngwie Malmsteen-Odyssey(This is by far my fovorie disc by "The Viking King." He has some killer guitar tones on this. Joe Lynn Turner is one hell of a singer!)
Deep Purple-Knockin' on Your Back Door(The best of DP in the 80's)
Humanary Stew A Tribute to Alice Cooper
UFO-Essential UFO
Metallica-Kill 'Em All(I had to replace a copy that I fucked up a while back)
Iron Maiden-Brave New World(Another Replacement copy)
Dream Theater-Scenes from New York (DVD)
Almost forgot, damn you TVF!:loco:
I had to pick up a "legit" copy of The Darkness' Permission to Land!:worship:
I can't say enough about that band. Currently next in line to Iced Earth's
Glorious Burden.
Upcoming discs for 2.10.04 in the states:
Probot
Damageplan
Edguy-King of Fools E.P.
I plan on Hopefully getting all three.