your most recent playlist

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
What are you all listening to this week? What can't you get outta your cd player or turntable???
Here's mine...

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - s/t - Thanks TROOPER for recommending this one
The Darkness - Permission To Land - I LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys
Yngwie Malmsteen - Best of - Thanks SWINE!!! Played it all day today
Outkast - Speakerboxxx/the Love Below - if you can stomach hip hop at all and haven't checked this out, DO! not just rap..lots of cool sounds going on. Seriously!! haha
Probot - I never cared for the Foo Fighters but I love this disc!!!

So let's hear what YOU'VE been listening to!

Dokken-Tooth And Nail
Armored Saint-Symbol Of Salvation
Anthrax-Spreading The Disease(say it ain't so, Frank!!)
Judas Priest-Sad Wings Of Destiny
Black Sabbath-The Eternal Idol

Not too old school but...

Nest - Woodsmoke
Sirenia - An Elixir For Existence
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light
Moonsorrow - Suden Uni
November's Doom - Reflections In Grey Dusk
Type O Negative - Life Is Killing Me
Primal Fear - Devil's Ground

Well, not old school at all!

The most recent ones I've been spinning the last couple of days are:

Shotgun Messiah - S/T
Every Mother's Nightmare - Wake Up Screaming
Vinnie Vincent Invasion - S/T
Heaven's Edge - S/T (this one has been goin for 2 weeks now)
Jackyl - S/T
LA Guns - Cocked & Loaded

I have a cd/mp3 player in my truck and that's been playing nothing but Zakk Wylde related stuff (Pride & Glory, Book of Shadows, Sonic Brew, Stronger Than Death, 1919 Eternal and Blessed Hellride)

Interesting the Vinnie Vincent Invasion comes up here...was just discussing that disc elsewhere tonight...I used to go to sleep to that album back in high school...bought it on CD to have again just for the fun of it.

Playlist:

Bad Brains - I Against I
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow...
Ill Nino - Revolution...Revolucion
Dio - Sacred Heart
Rainbow - Rising
Minor Threat - Complete Discography
Dokken - Tooth and Nail
Queensryche - Hear in the Now Frontier
Raven - Life's a Bitch
Probot
Holocross - Holocross
Mushroomhead - XIII

tedvanfrehley said:
oh cool stuff! LA GUNS and DOKKEN are two I'll have to dig out now! Hey WICKED CHILD...how's the ARmored Saint disc? What about Priest's sad wings...those are two I've heard OF but not heard...

Man, i can go on about Sad Wings! VERY important album in metal. It's up there with Sabbath's "Paranoid". It's just solid, straight-up traditional metal(save for the piano balad, "Epitaph".), much in the vein of their other 70's stuff. A must buy.
Now, Armored Saint's Symbol Of Salvation....one of the catchiest albums EVER. There are some wicked hooks and melodies in that album, and it pulls it off without being poppy. It's still classic heavy metal. Another one to add to the"must-buy" list, especially now that it's available in that 3-disc set. The first is the actual album, the second is the demo version of it, and 3 is an interview with Brian Slagel(the owner of Metal Blade Records), i think. And the best part of all that...you get it all for the price of ONE disc!

hmmm lts see I'v been listening to.....

Edguy - King of fools/Vain Glory Opera/Burning Down the Opera Live
Panic Cell - Bitter Part of Me
Iron Maiden - Live in Sao Paulo 1996
Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden
Flotsam & Jetsam - Quatro/High/My God
W.A.S.P. - S/t

hahaha theres more but I cant think of them at the moment

rayvanhornjr said:
Playlist:

Bad Brains - I Against I

Right on!!! Hands down, one of the greatest albums EVER!!!!!!

Had the urge to hear some Catherine Wheel this week, been listening to "Ferment" for the last couple of days. It had been 4 or 5 years since I pulled that one out, forgot how amazing it was.

I also picked up Coheed And Combria - Keep Secrets Of Silent Earth 3, can't get that out of the player. If you've not heard them they are kinda like a mix of Rush and VoiVod. Good stuff!

hmm..
xentrix-"kin" and "for whose advantage",cause greeno kindly copied them for me!!cheerz fella.
iced earth-the glorious burden.thats the swines fault.he said they rocked,and they do.
jonnyd,s demo stuff,keeps goin round in the van with me.some great riffing there boy,you gotta get yourselves some proper recording done!
anthrax-state of euphoria and persistance of time.and that was before i found out about frankie.its time to get out among the living.

baldyboy said:
jonnyd,s demo stuff,keeps goin round in the van with me.some great riffing there boy,you gotta get yourselves some proper recording done!

I'll second that. JonnyD's got some good ideas on there, with a good production it would be kick ass. Very cool oldschool riffing!

Haven't been playing much this week.

Hollocaust - The Nightcomers
Probot
Nuclear Assault - Alive Again
Entombed - Clandestine