Swine Spam:: Rebel Meets Rebel Review

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
This will be up on various sites, but I love the record so much I thought I would drop this on here for you all to determine if you wanna check out the record...

Artist:: Rebel Meets Rebel
Title:: Rebel Meets Rebel
Genre:: Outlaw Country Metal
Label:: Big Vin Records
Year:: 2006
Rating:: 8.5
By: Sixxswine

As the story goes Vinnie Paul and his brother Dimebag Darrel played David Allan Coe’s “Jack Daniels if You Please,” in their opening of 101 tour. It was tribute to a man that they had been raised listening to as kids in Texas. It was inevitable that their paths would one day cross, they did. David Allan Coe and Dime hit it off and talked about doing something together down the road. They did and the result is Rebel Meets Rebel’s self tiled record, this has been in the can for a few years and Vinnie has decided now is the time to release this long anticipated record. People have been wondering what The Cowboys from Hell and D.A.C. would sound like when they collided in the studio? Frankly so did I! And you know what? It’s more rockin’ than country, sure there is a nice twang to this music, but it still maintains the Vinnie Paul double bass kick, Rex’s pumping bass and Dime’s outrageous guitar pyrotechnics and his signature sound. The music sounds fresh, current and most importantly the fun vibe of the recording process comes through on the recording.
Rebel Meets Rebel was recorded between the years 1999 to 2003, they have truly been sitting on a gold mine. It will show how diverse Dime was as a player. It’s a celebration of the man’s life and the music. This twelve track record features some of the most clever lyrics that David Allan Coe has delivered, among them “One Nite Stands,” “Cowboys Do More Dope,” “Get Outta My Life,” this also features a guest appearance from Hank III on backing vocals, and “N.Y.C. Streets,” this being the most “easy listening” of the dozen, just Dime and Coe knockin’ out this song. Dimebag’s main riff on “Rebel Meets Rebel” is so infectious you be humming it for days after one listen. You’ll have to hear it. Dime mimics the sound of a fiddle on guitar! There is a solo piece by Dime, it’s called “Panifilo,“ this is to Dimebag what “Dee” is to Randy Rhodes, it a classical flamenco guitar piece, it really shows Dime ability to stretch out and deliver something that you’d porbably never expect him to do. There isn’t a band number on here, while it won’t make you forget about Pantera, it will keep Dime’s spirit alive and that’s what Vinnie has in mind. Thanks Vinnie for putting this out. The fans will enjoy it and the country folk can groove on this as well.
Tracks::
1 Nothin' to Lose
2 Rebel Meets Rebel
3 Cowboys Do More Dope
4 Panfilo
5 Heart Worn Highway
6 One Nite Stands
7 Arizona Rivers
8 Get Outta My Life
9 Cherokee Cry
10 Time
11 No Compromise