Megadeth thread

The Mechanix (!!!!!!!!!$%@!), which they haven't played live since the days of chris poland!!!

Not true, they did it with Pitrelli (on their 2002 live album Rude Awakening).

....and they started beating the shit out of each other and looking for it on the floor, as i quickly put it in my pocket!!

That's really fucking cool!

You should give Deth's 04 and 07 albums another chance. Some of the material off those is on par with virtually anything in their career. (Scorpion, Kick the Chair, Sleepwalker, etc.)

Oh man, someone told me they haven't played the mechanix since the days of chris poland...

And I dunno, I think I don't like the new stuff because of the way Dave sings now, he used to have a really good distinct voice, and still does have a distinct voice, just not good as it was before.
Kick the chair is a pretty good song though...

Here we go again...

ANTHRAX Guitarist Denies He Told MUSTAINE METALLICA Planned To Fire ULRICH - July 29, 2009 According to a short message that was just posted on ANTHRAX's official Twitter account, MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine's claim that ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian told Dave that METALLICA was planning on firing drummer Lars Ulrich in 1986 is "not true." The post adds, "Little does anyone know but Lars actually owns the [METALLICA] name. Good luck ever kicking him out."

In a brand new interview with RollingStone.com, Mustaine — who was a member of METALLICA for less than two years in 1981-1983 — was asked if, as far as he knows, it is true that on the last METALLICA tour Cliff Burton was on before he died, the band was planning on firing Lars Ulrich at the tour's end. "That's what Scott [Ian] told me," Dave replied. "He said that when METALLICA got home, that James [Hetfield], Cliff [Burton] and Kirk [Hammett] were going to fire Lars."

In April 1983, after METALLICA had driven to New York to record their debut album, Mustaine was officially fired from the group — allegedly because of his heavy drinking and personality clashes with founding members Hetfield and Ulrich. The band packed up Mustaine's gear, drove him to a Greyhound bus station in Rochester, New York and put him on a bus bound for Los Angeles.

From ANTHRAX's official Twitter account:

scott_true.jpg

I got an email when he was doing press for the last DVD and one of the things that was off limits was Metallica and former members of Megadeth, that and he only alloted 15 minutes. Seems to me for a guy that doesn't like to talk about Metallica he sure like to rib them when ever he can. He's such a sour, bitter fuck. And he throws Scott Ian under the bus to boot!!!!

I'm not saying Scott said Lars was out or anything; just throwing in a bit of obligatory Anthrax bashing. Mustaine is undoubtedly one of the the greatest bullshitters in metal history.

Mustaine played Sword on Much Music so far as I'm concerned, I could care less. He's always talked bullshit. This is like reading an article about Ulrich suing a homeless person.

Maybe but he has very little class for a guy that "found God" he certainly has a lot of ill will toward some people from his past. That goes with the holy roller types they can point the finger all they want but find little to no fault in themselves. Hey Dave why not giving us the real scoop on what happened with Shewolf and how she was bounced from the Megadeth website?! People who live in glass houses...

But that's ok. :)

+1 :lol:

I know people have their feelings about SCott and his band but this was classless move on Dave's part.

That's true also (gosh I love this forum feels like the UN sometimes :heh:).

My believe (derived from some of my own experiences) is that some people will always carry some burden/grudge at conscious or subconscious level, that precludes them from moving on and affect your behavior and your way to focus on life. Someday that cargo of unresolved issues will come back and bite your ass, that's why psychoanalysis is for (and I'm not ashamed to say I'm on therapy just to get rid of all that crap).

What puzzles me about Mustaine is that Megadeth may have never been a commercially success as Metallica is, but surely in most forums he (and the band) gets better reviews and support that Lars and Co., so I don't know why he just can't let it go (serious cargo he keeps IMO). I mean is not like DiAnno and Maiden or Pete Best and The Beatles.

anyone else see mustaine as that partially psychotic ex-boyfriend of your sister that never seems to go away and realize they are not together therefore need no dialogue or opinions between them?

and despite the fact he has a new girlfriend, he acts as if he doesn't want her when your sister comes up, no matter how much he has experienced and built with them?

that is dave mustaine in a nutshell to me

+1 :lol:

That's true also (gosh I love this forum feels like the UN sometimes :heh:).

What puzzles me about Mustaine is that Megadeth may have never been a commercially success as Metallica is, but surely in most forums he (and the band) gets better reviews and support that Lars and Co., so I don't know why he just can't let it go (serious cargo he keeps IMO). I mean is not like DiAnno and Maiden or Pete Best and The Beatles.

That puzzles me as well, like I said in the email I received for an interview there were all these rules, he wouldn't talk about Metallica or former bandmates but here he is doing it...You know who has class? Jason Newsted he knew he had a good thing with Metallica and rather than working out issues he left and now he's on the outside looking in. Rather than being bitter about it he's grateful for what he had with the band and what he has now. Mustaine should really get some pointers from Newsted...

I had sadly to delete and edit some posts once again because some people can't have a normal discussion without resort to personnal attacks.

I wanna thanks Sixx for pointing out in a calm and decent way the factors altering the thread. But if people come back to make a fuss, breaking the rules about respect, I will close this thread.
And btw, very good point on Newsted. People should look upon that example more often.

And btw, very good point on Newsted. People should look upon that example more often.

There's very few people who display that kind of behavior, probably because they accept their portion of the blame in the outcome.

Another than comes to mind is Sammy Hagar who holds no ill will to the Van Halen brothers, he's gone on to develop a strong lasting relationship with bassist Michael Anthony and the guy the preceeded him Gary Cherone.

Wyvern if you're going to delete my "personal attack" can you please delete the poorly thought out posts that merit such an "attack." The notion that Metallica is always the big bad guy and that Mustaine was anything other than a douchebag during his time in the band is simply absurd.

Yeah I guess Dave Mustaine just doesn't like not being in charge but now he's got Megadeth. He is clearly ultra difficult to get along with I'm sure there are over 13 ex-members of Megadeth.
He probably has a personality disorder or is dillusional hence why he makes these inflamitory statements a lot. Oh well he's a good musician in my opinion so I don't care.

Wyvern if you're going to delete my "personal attack" can you please delete the poorly thought out posts that merit such an "attack."

The rules CLEARLY state no personal attacks whatsoever. If you consider the arguments posted senseless, you as a sentient intelligent being can answer in a civilized manner with facts to support your point of view.

If you're unable to post in such a way then:

a) refrain to post
b) go post elsehwere

END OF THE SUBJECT >>> Read the rules (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/old-school/192052-everyone-read-before-posting-forum.html)