The Recommendation Thread

They sound similar. You can tell them appart, but with DC's solo stuff, he sounds quite similar to Readman on the later PC69 stuff.

Readman is unquestionably the better singer though. DC isn't bad by any means, but Readman is phenominal, both in range and stamina (especially live).

I'll take your word for it. Never saw any of them live and I only have one PC69 album, so I can't compare much.

Some more recommendations:

Forsaken - "Evermore"
Amorphis - "Far From The Sun"
Black Steel - "Destructor"
Gary Hughes - "Once And Future King" (2 CDs)
Metalucifer - "Heavy Metal Chainsaw"

For those wanting to check out DC with Royal Hunt, there's an awesome live concert in YouTube. I posted the links on the sticky YouTube thread, the show's available on cd (just called 1996) and finally gets a dvd release later this year. Check it out.

Oh sweet! Thanks for that! :headbang: :kickass:

I'll take your word for it. Never saw any of them live and I only have one PC69 album, so I can't compare much.

You shoulda gone to Prog Power one year sooner and you could have seen them all (almost). DC Cooper and Tore Ostby did an acoustic set for the pre party. Of course Tore was there for the Conception reunion. And PC 69 had a middle slot.

You shoulda gone to Prog Power one year sooner and you could have seen them all (almost). DC Cooper and Tore Ostby did an acoustic set for the pre party. Of course Tore was there for the Conception reunion. And PC 69 had a middle slot.

Meh, if I would have attended 1-6 I already had seeing Angra, Blind Guardian, Wuthering Heights, etc. The beauty of the past is that you cannot relive it :erk:

I'm still working through stuff I got from Hawk and Carnut so I came across another good album:
Firewind - Allegiance: Very power Metalish, excellent guitars, I like the title song alot and the rest isn't bad at all.