Are we onto any food yet?

woosta

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
Ok, so I've been an endorser of having hot dogs w/ cans of soda for sale during ProgPower for some years now. I think that we should charge, like, $2 for a weenie and a drink and then any profits we make can be donated to a local charity, or something for a lost musician like Schuldiner, Eric Carr, etc. in the name of Glenn Harveston's ProgPower. Am I the only one who gets hungry? On top of that, the only place that I can find open after the show is Steak'n Shake or whatever the hell that's called.

C'mon, let's have WEENIES!!!!!! I know I'm not the only one who gets hungry! Let's do something for a good cause. :headbang:

I went down to order some food during someone's set I didn't care to see and was told that it would be 'about an hour or so' for a burger & fries. So, I just went back to my room and gnawed on some snacks I had brought along for the trip up...granola bars rock :headbang:

Exactly. That's why we basically go to Kroger (5 minutes from our hotel) and buy lots of grocerie stuff... Such as bread, some cold cuts or whatever. With 20 bucks or so you have food for the whole weekend, you don't necessarily have to eat out. Go back to the hotel, have a little sandwich. It would take about 10-15 minutes and save you a lot of money.

Oh, by the way. Don't forget the cooler. You don't wanna eat rotten ham after leaving it in a hotel room with temperatures up on the eighties.

you don't necessarily have to eat out.

Looking back on my ProgPower (and other festival) experiences, this is where a lot of the fun lies, for me. I love attending the Seismic lunches, dinners out with friends, crashing the "appropriate-dress-required" Thai place with all our "metal" gear on :lol:, etc.

Oh yeah, there was an ass of a long wait for food. I guess that could be improved...but I mean, even though it was an hour or so for food, at least it tasted ok.

But I might follow ANGRARULES!!!!!!!!!! and buy groceries so I dont have to waste so much time and money

booB said:
you don't necessarily have to eat out.

Looking back on my ProgPower (and other festival) experiences, this is where a lot of the fun lies, for me. I love attending the Seismic lunches, dinners out with friends, crashing the "appropriate-dress-required" Thai place with all our "metal" gear on :lol:, etc.

That if you have the proper money to spend on food... lol...
which is usually not my case =)

Hmmm, I think my suite at the Residence Inn comes with a fridge and kitchen. Maybe I should rent out space in the fridge? :)

Two years ago, our suite at the Fairfield came with a full-sized fridge and kitchen. Thanks to eating out every night (at City Cafe, which means colossal amounts of food) and coming back with leftovers, there was a stack of styrofoam boxes full of food, left in that fridge. We couldn't eat it all. I felt bad...starving kids in Lower Slobobia and all that. Last year we didn't leave quite as much of a leftovers pile. Whew!

or
we could make a mass order to that Chinese restaraunt that delivers to 6 am
(nothing like getting chinese food delivered to you while watching a drunken Midnight singing about how nobody ordered for him at 6 am )

Last year was our first trip down and did not really know what to expect.
This year, kitchen, fridge, and a few good meals coming with us.

Chris Rifkin(HalcyonF5 and Stu said:
or
we could make a mass order to that Chinese restaraunt that delivers to 6 am
(nothing like getting chinese food delivered to you while watching a drunken Midnight singing about how nobody ordered for him at 6 am )

hahahahaha!

A large group of us ordered from that Chinese place (Chinese Buddha, open 24 hours except late Monday night, I think) and wisely made it a pick-up order. It was all ready in less than half-an-hour and there were no problems with the order, and it was a BIG order. Decent price overall, too.

For those willing and able to venture out, there are two good 24-hour choices that are easily accessible to the north of the hotels and venue: City Cafe (this is a new location since last year, and a bit better than the one on 10th St) and Taco Cabana. The former has a HUGE and varied menu, and the latter is slightly upscale, made-to-order Mexican fare (but made quickly).

We'll see. It depends on how much I burn on cds and other merch. If I behave myself, maybe I'll be able to eat out. Otherwise, I guess we'll stick with the Ham and Cheese sandwiches.... lol