Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Jacob Kjær

has been in you.
Apr 3, 2008
Denmark
Hi Kristian,

We haven't heard anything for a while since Ricky's drum blog - how's the album coming along? Any hints on the cover song? Have the neighboors left their homes yet from too much ballsy metal mutilation? How many times did you have to change frets because you wore them down?

And most important of all, are you inspired? :)

/Jacob

Hah, I was wondering just the same! I'm sure KN has some tricks up his sleeve while he's working on the magic, like a wizard.

Sorry to sound demanding but...WE WANT UPDATES, KRISTIAN!!!

please?

Hi!
I´ve been away for a week and a half so I haven´t had time to record yet but I´ve got the drumfiles from Ricky and they sound VVEEEERRRYYY cool indeed! Ricky has once again outdone himself. I´d marry him but unfortunately he´s taken. :( :D
Now I just have to come up with some cool guitarshit to match his drumming!!

I should start getting sounds next week and then start tracking after that. I´ll keep you posted.

Cheers my friends,
/kristian

I´d marry him but unfortunately he´s taken. :( :D
We have a saying in Denmark: "Only the laziest pigs won't bother pushing the other pigs away from the feeding tray."

Anyway, it sounds cool, looking much forward to hearing more... in a week!

Off to Roskilde Festival for the first time in my life :loco:

Cheers,
Jacob.

Hey!
Ive posted a recording update on our Myspace page. It goes like this:

Recording continues: guitars

Hello there!

Just a quick update to let you in on the proceedings of this here new album.
The drumtracking is complete and sounds MASSIVE! No fucking triggers, samples, soundreplacements or any of that shit this time either. Just a great-sounding kit and a guy who can REALLY play. Mr. Evensand has outdone himself yet again.

So onto me then: Ive started recording the guitars for the album and they sound cool, hevvi, brOOtal and all that other good stuff. Im using some different recording techniques/gear on this album compared to what Im using normally, so its sort of a big experiment, but one that will turn out very good in the end (I hope!).

Ladies and genitals, there you have it.

Thanks for giving a shit! :)
/kristian

Hehe, Im gonna try to convince my brother to record some bass one of these days. Im still on the rhythm guitars. It´s soooo boring!! FUUUUCK! Solos, melodies and all that shit is a big load o' fun but rhythm...its just like working in a coal mine, chippin' away. Its fun to PLAY rhythm (jam, gig, rehearse or whatever) but to record...baah.

Any odd shit going on rhythmically?

EDIT: By the way, is the Nightside of Eden solo on Live Gothic overdubbed? It's very nice, but the fretboard (or you, for that sake) isn't even visible when you do it, as far as I remember.

Hello everybody, Hello DemonoidMan (Kristian:D) I heard and read you leave Therion !! well really I don't care much that... Demonoid sounds great, fresh death metal, and for sure you have mor than 10 listen people, i'ts a fresh concept about the brutal metal, and I really hope Demonoid kick my ass with a brutal sound blast with the new album ( I wet my pants every night waiting for the new album)

Greets and Cheers Kristian and Johan and Richard and Caligula !!

Best Regards/Angel

Jacob Kjær;7504797 said:
Any odd shit going on rhythmically?
A little bit, not too much.

EDIT: By the way, is the Nightside of Eden solo on Live Gothic overdubbed? It's very nice, but the fretboard (or you, for that sake) isn't even visible when you do it, as far as I remember.
Could be. We talked about fixing some stuff because of some technical/recording issues but I dont remember what we DID fix in the end. 'Twas a long time ago.