Recording Update

Jul 30, 2007
Hi y´all!

I´ve already posted this exact statement in another thread but I figure I might as well start a new one:

Just a quick update to let you in on the proceedings of this here new album.
The drumtracking is complete and sounds MASSIVE! No fucking triggers, samples, soundreplacements or any of that shit this time either. Just a great-sounding kit and a guy who can REALLY play. Mr. Evensand has outdone himself yet again.

So onto me then: Ive started recording the guitars for the album and they sound cool, hevvi, brOOtal and all that other good stuff. Im using some different recording techniques/gear on this album compared to what Im using normally, so its sort of a big experiment, but one that will turn out very good in the end (I hope!).

Ladies and genitals, there you have it.

Thanks for giving a shit! :)
/kristian

Oh BTW, I might as well spill the beans on the cover tune we´re recording. It´s Battery, obviously by the (once) mighty Metallica. It will be a bonus track, probably for the Japanese release. Thanks for all the suggestions! Plenty of cool ones and we´ll keep them in mind for future endeavours.

Always good to hear that things are progressing well. By the way, you are recording at home, right? Any chance of hearing happy baby squeeks who have been caught in the microphone if I listen closely to the record? :)

As for the cover, I must admit that I had hoped for something more daring. Oh, speaking of covers, have you got some cool art in house yet?

Glad you liked the shit,

Jacob.

The plan was to record at home but too many distractions! The guitars would be ready in 2013...

Yes, we had also hoped to record something more eclectic perhaps but we simply ran out of time. The date for drumrecording was fast approaching and I was still writing songs until 3 days before the recording would start. Ricky got the last song I think two days before he went in to record, so there was unfortunately no time to come up with a cool arrangement for a covertune. Ricky suggested Battery as it´s a song all of us already knew and we didnt have to spend time learning.

Cheers!

Looking forward to the masterpiece album, any date when it will be out? next week? late 2008 maby?

may the (Guitar) Force be whit you! / Dennis

Really looking forward to listening to the new album!
Do you have any idea when it will be released, and are you going on tour?
Hope you have a pleasant time recording ;)

The date for drumrecording was fast approaching and I was still writing songs until 3 days before the recording would start.
Oh, what the hell then - I still have no doubt that it's gonna be a great album. Looking forward to more info as usual,

Jacob.

Do you have any idea when it will be released, and are you going on tour?

I guess it´ll be out in the first part of 2009 and yes of course we really hope we can go on tour! It depends on how it sells.
At the very least we´ll do some summer festivals.

You have a dutch girlfriend?

Anyways, can't wait for the album and please come visit Holland!
The Therion concerts in Groningen to me are unforgettable. You made me pick up the guitar myself :kickass:

Hails from the Netherlands!

Yup, she´s dutch.
I visit Holland all the time! Was on Texel in June. :)
But thanks! Yes, Groningen rocks. Oosterport, awesome venue!! Actually I´ve never played a bad venue in Holland, ever. I hope we can play there next year. My second "home country"!

Cheers!

Regarding touring, I would like to point out that at time of writing, the danish members of this forum out number any other nationality either 2:1, or infinitely. So it would be a safe investment to play a Copenhagen gig while driving down to Holland ;)

It would be awesome to see DEMONOID on tour, hell, if Demons & Wizards can do it (Jon Schaffer shamelessly reuses his ICED EARTH riffs for that project) then you guys have all the right to kick some asses along the way!

I'm glad to know that you're using new techniques/gear on this album, there's nothing more anoying than keeping the same stuffs over and over! I can't wait to hear your new riffs ;) !
take care!

I can´t wait for you to hear it!
Im extremely happy with the guitarsound, and the playing (so far) is pretty cool too :p :p :p

I can´t wait for you to hear it!
Im extremely happy with the guitarsound, and the playing (so far) is pretty cool too :p :p :p

Sounds really cool. Guess I'll have to make sure that everybody I know buys a copy –and hope the other users of this forum does the same– so that you sell enough cds to go on tour :):headbang:

Eagerly awaiting updates! How is recording coming along? Is Johan done with the basslines? Are you getting better release date approximations? Did you get a cover yet? Will you put Rocky George's Battery cover to shame? :saint:

:)

Well, we are ALMOST done with the bass, one and a half song left to do. The reason it takes such a long time is we can only work about 1,5 hrs a day effectively. Work schedules and such, plus on some of the songs we are reworking the basslines because theres a REAL bassist playing that actually know what he´s doing...
Also it took almost a fucking week for us to find a sound we´re happy with!!!! Anally retentive? Nooooooooo, not us!!
Aaaaaanyway, the sound and the playing is second to none. It crushes!!! Of course. After all, its Johan playing so... :)

We havent talked to NB yet about when to release it so we´ll just have to see.

Cover is almost finished. We have a design we´re happy with but it might get a bit reworked, we´ll see.

Havent heard Rockys Battery cover. Is it good?

Also it took almost a fucking week for us to find a sound we´re happy with!!!! Anally retentive? Nooooooooo, not us!!
Give yourself a break man! With 1,5 hours a day, I would only classify you as slightly brown-stained :rolleyes:

I'm happy as long as you aren't drastically delayed, so it's good to hear that things are going well :)

Havent heard Rockys Battery cover. Is it good?
Mjyeah... It's not that hard to live up to, it needs more expressive spice. You can hear it on YouTube, "Rocky George vs Kirk Hammett".

Argh, another forum latenight post. I'll be off to bed, got a used USA Custom with EMG pickups to check out tomorrow so that I can get something for my Wargods cover.

Cheers.