Update - jan 5 ´09

Jul 30, 2007
Hi all!
Happy Xmas/Hanukka/whatever-you-celebrate & merry new year and all that good stuff.

Updates have been few and far between the last couple of months and recording has been on hold because well....life sort of got in the way. The family moved in November and it took just about two months to get everything sorted and up and running again. I also had to start earning more money; meaning working more; meaning more time spent with guitarstudents and less on the new record. Not fun but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyway, enough of that shit.

My new homestudio is up and running smoothly again and it even has a name now:
Studio Strypronk. Kinda cryptic maybe but if youre swedish youll know what it means :lol:
Recording is now back on track; still got melodies, solos and vocals to do plus some keyboard parts.

To all of you, sincerely: Thanks for having the patience of Mother Theresa and Ghandi combined. If I were you, I wouldve kicked our asses a long time ago. In fact, I talked to Ricky today and he pointed out that this year its been fuckin FIVE years ago since we put out Riders. Damn, thats even longer than Def Leppard! The record WILL be out in 2009!!

Cheers to you all, hope 2009 will bring joy, happiness and lotsa CASH to everyone!

/kristian & DemonoiD

Is the name of the album gonna be 'Chinese Democracy'? Hopefully we'll get some live shows on youtube before long.

Hahaha! That was a good post, Kristian. Funny as fuck! Am I supposed to not say fuck here? Fuck!

Anyway...5 years isn't that long. Chinese Democracy beat everything by a mile. And the end result wasn't even that great!

Okay i looked up Strypronk and couldn't find a engish translation.However it seems this is a slang term for something and alot of slang isn't translated.Let us in on the meaning and maybe we can figure out the meaning relating to the studio.

Hahaha!
Substitute the ´o´ for a ´u´ and do a search again. Maybe you´ll get a different result. Hint: Michael Hutchence :)
Absolutely no meaning, rhyme or reason behind the name. Its just a VERY silly example of my immature humor!

I should have titled it "does anyone know what strypronk means" not " strypronk anyone".Ouch it makes it more funny ;with your clue and all the sex acts that pop up around this search I have a petty good idea.pop up did I just say that stop me!

Kristian, if you are on the lookout for a few extra bucks, could you by any chance be lured into tabbing a few bars of some of your solos that I am unable to figure out, for me only?

Stuff like the first Gmin7 arpeggio in Voyage of Gjurd' and the arp at 3:30 in Ljusalfheim + some fingerings for the Amin into G arp a little earlier in the same song. I'm not asking you to write out whole solos for me, just a bar or two. I mean, you've already been extremely patient and answered most (if not all) of my questions, so I really wouldn't mind supporting you with more than album royalties :)

Anyway, it's good that you are back on track (as always), but please don't ever get slowed down again. Ever. :)

Cheers.

Nah, save your dough. Im too busy/lazy :) Maybe one day Ill tab all the solos (yeah, RIGHT!!!) :)

Ill tell you the Voyage.. shape. Im sure you already know it, its the same mi7th-shape shit I always use.
(Its all played around the 12th fret+some added RH tapping up high)

Low E: -
A string: G, Bb
D string: D
G string: F, G, Bb
B string: -
E string: D, F, G plus Bb, D w/ RH middle and ring

Just fuck around in this shape and sooner or later you will come up with some cool shit.

Ahhh, think I figured it then!

198 bpm sixteenth notes

E||-----------------------------------------10h-13h-15p-13p-10h-15-|--20-21-20-15p-13p-10------------------------------------|--15--||
B||----------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------|------||
G||----------------------10h-12h-15p-10h-12------------------------|----------------------15p-12p-10------------------10h-12-|--12~-||
D||--12---------------12-------------------------------------------|---------------------------------12------------12--------|------||
A||--------13p-10h-13----------------------------------------------|------------------------------------13p-10h-13-----------|------||
E||----------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------|------||

Gmin7 into Bb into D#, listen to the song for the rhythm.

Couldn't have done it without modern technology though (slowed it down by 80% in Audacity :yuk:).
Thanks a lot, time to practice a lot untill I die :)

I just brought my 540P-II to band practice. After 1½ years or so of playing an Emin7 arp, I can finally get it up to decent speed when we play - it's a lot easier on the new guitar. 1½ years with this lick and I should be able to go somewhere with it :)

EDIT: And I just use as much legato as possible? No downstroking on-beat notes?

Yeah I have no idea what they are saying. That's why I need a video to learn. And even then if its too fast or hard I probably can't do it.

Well Kristian could charge people a nickel to rub his shiny head for luck. Or go on deal or no deal. Which I kind of want to go on that show myself but they probably wont take me and I can't really afford to travel. That would be a funny episode though "kristian Nieman what do you do for a living"

"I'm a rock star". They'll force you to give all the money you win to charity if you are a rock star though. Just have them send it to your own charity which in turn gives you a kickback. :Smug:

Jacob Kjær;7947194 said:
Ahhh, think I figured it then!

198 bpm sixteenth notes

E||-----------------------------------------10h-13h-15p-13p-10h-15-|--20-21-20-15p-13p-10------------------------------------|--15--||
B||----------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------|------||
G||----------------------10h-12h-15p-10h-12------------------------|----------------------15p-12p-10------------------10h-12-|--12~-||
D||--12---------------12-------------------------------------------|---------------------------------12------------12--------|------||
A||--------13p-10h-13----------------------------------------------|------------------------------------13p-10h-13-----------|------||
E||----------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------|------||

Gmin7 into Bb into D#, listen to the song for the rhythm.

Couldn't have done it without modern technology though (slowed it down by 80% in Audacity :yuk:).
Thanks a lot, time to practice a lot untill I die :)

I just brought my 540P-II to band practice. After 1½ years or so of playing an Emin7 arp, I can finally get it up to decent speed when we play - it's a lot easier on the new guitar. 1½ years with this lick and I should be able to go somewhere with it :)

EDIT: And I just use as much legato as possible? No downstroking on-beat notes?

Hey Jacob! I´ve done some tapping myself and I think I can improve on that tab. You have a sweep there between strings 5 and 6. Instead, tap the note you have on 5 - fret 12, that is. This sort of a pattern is the easiest to play with three notes per string and a string skip after each. Check out Michael Romeo and Symphony X tabs - he does this thing even more than Kristian here! :D

Mh, the basic pattern:
E||--------------------10h13h15p13p10----------------|---||
B||--------------------------------------------------|---||
G||-----------10h12h15t---------------15p12p10-------|---||
D||--------------------------------------------------|---||
A||--10h13h17t---------------------------------17p13-|---||
E||--------------------------------------------------|---||

EDIT: Turned out a little messed up, but I think you get the idea. ^^

Heh, strange coincidence, I was fooling around with the arpeggios from Sea of Lies this very monday!

I'm already very familiar with the pattern you posted, and I couldn't dream of playing the song the way that Kristian does it because I nearly damaged my hands last time I tried to do stretches from 10th to 15th fret! Therefore I only do it when descending from the right-hand tab in the first bar.

I just noticed that the highest-pitch notes in the tab that I did are C and C#, going against Kristian's instructions about D and Bb. My ears tell me that it is C/C# though, and I love the very distinguishable tension that it builds, so that's how I am going to be playing/practicing it :)

Jacob Kjær;7964355 said:
I just noticed that the highest-pitch notes in the tab that I did are C and C#, going against Kristian's instructions about D and Bb. My ears tell me that it is C/C# though, and I love the very distinguishable tension that it builds, so that's how I am going to be playing/practicing it :)

Youre right.... again :lol:
I just described the basic pattern that I normally use but that solo actually has a little variation, which you spotted. Good job Jacob!

Kristian,I have just read that Dark Funeral won back the rights for their albums with No fashion Records and they are working on a new album also.Has this slowed Demoniod down and are you planning to tour with Dark Funeral or are things separate betwwen the bands.The news was in Revolver so it is problably 2 or 3 months old.Also to you know if DF is remixing the old stuff and plans to re-release of the old albums?

Kristian,I have just read that Dark Funeral won back the rights for their albums with No fashion Records and they are working on a new album also.Has this slowed Demoniod down and are you planning to tour with Dark Funeral or are things separate betwwen the bands.The news was in Revolver so it is problably 2 or 3 months old.Also to you know if DF is remixing the old stuff and plans to re-release of the old albums?

Nah, he hasnt slowed anything down. We knew he´d be busy as fuck since he´s got a lot of stuff going on but that doesnt matter. To me he´s the no 1 guy in the world at what he does so Im happy to fit my schedule around his.

It would of course be awesome to tour with DF as I looooove that band but it would be quite tough on Caligula I think. Two shows in a row...every night. I dunno how happy he´d be with that. Id be VERY happy though, seeing those guys every night. Awesome!!!

I dont know if they will be re-releasing anything, no clue.