Update..........no, really!!

Jacob Kjær;9375539 said:
I've been having Sitra Ahra for a month or so now.

It's a really nice album - a little on the experimental side. Some of the tunes are a little goofy, but the majority are great. Land of Canaan is the best song, I think.

Christian Vidal's guitar work is really good, he's got a super nice technique. Not SO far away from you with regards to tapping techniques, and he uses a little less legato I think.

But dude, damn it is taken long for your album to complete. Get it done already :p

Btw did you like the song I sent you? :)

Ok, I just started listening to it yesterday. There were barely any guitarsolos on it! Very disappointing :p It really sounds to me like Christian didnt get a fair chance to shine on it. But who cares about the guitar, its all about the songs right? :devil:

Hmmm....I probably DID get the song, I just forgot to listen to it. Send it again.

Nah, I DO remember you! We met in Zagreb, right? Bogaloo Club? We had some problems that night with the computer if I remember correctly.

Haha yeah that's it. (I had pictures prepared just in case) :lol: Yeah I remember you had problems and were late for 1 hour almost but don't know if that was on GK tour or Anniversary tour, I think it was the Anniversary tour, not that it's important, I am just saying. :p And we also met in Miskolc after the concert. I was with that group that talked with Mats, Lori and you at that restaurant or what ever that place was :lol: There was also some group at the table near us, some people from Croatia that had some concert there, I remember when one guy approached Mats and asked him: "Are you are rock star?" :lol: That whole trip to Hungary, those few days were probably the best I ever had! Are we going off topic here? :p

Is it me or Unguentum Sabbati is a major, shameless, mercyless and cruel Phantom of the Opera theme ripoff? Or maybe there is a reason for that...

The lack of decent solos is clear, but all songs are good IMO. Din could be longer, I really digged that one.

The lack of decent solos is clear, but all songs are good IMO. Din could be longer, I really digged that one.

Yup, thats a shame about the solos. Christian obviously has got massive talent and potential. Maybe next record he gets to cut loose a little bit more.

I thought that too at first- the album lacks many solos. But after listening to it several times I noticed there were quite a few. Mainly a lot of the solos are slow and blend with the music so they hardly stand out as "solos".

I think the other factor was that Christian joined the band after the album was already complete basically and just layed a few solos. Probably the next album will have a lot more of his work.

Yeah the guy is amazing listening to some of his other stuff and also can do all the old therion solos.

oh!!! im so glad i found this forum!!! since i discovered Demonoid (like two years ago) i was impatient for updates or news of the band!!! i was a huge fan of therion!! but since gothic kabbalah my love for them decreases a little! hehe but i really love demonoid's music!!! and kind of sad caligula left DF but great opportunitty to make Demonoid a full time band!! hope we can hears some more news about Demonoid's next album!!! and where the hell's merchandise?! i'll die for a girlie Demonoid t-shirt!!!!

Yup, thats a shame about the solos. Christian obviously has got massive talent and potential. Maybe next record he gets to cut loose a little bit more.
Yesterday I saw Therion live again doing their Sitra Ahra tour. I enjoyed it, but ever since Snowy Shaw joined Therion they seem to put a lot of focus on vocals and costumes instead of awesome music. Don't know if Snowy Shaw is a cause or if it is a coincidence but the show seems to be going into a Tristania kind of direction that I certainly do not care for. 8 Musicians on stage yet a lot of music was not actually played by anyone. Four (lead) singers yet I still missed Mats Levén in the non-opera songs, imo Thomas Vikström just doesn't work in songs like Blood of Kingu. It all just felt a bit cheap, like they did a huge step backwards in terms of focus on musical quality.

I suppose it is a matter of taste, and I will always love Therion no matter what, so enough of my ranting. I guess I am just trying to say please start touring with Demonoid soon, I shall personally buy all of the tickets and the merchandise! :lol:

saw therion again on sunday in zagreb, and again it was a mindblowing show
i promised myself never to miss a nearby therion show, it's always worth every $
+ they finally played voyage of gurdjieff (in my top3 therion songs), i left my heart and lungs out on that one :)
i just missed niemanns :( and the wanking solos (kristian was always on the left side of the stage in front of me, now chris was on the other side and i couldn't see the solos -.- )
anyway, still waiting for new demonoid :)

Well I've been looking everywhere for an update on Demonoid, and I finally seem to have found the hot spot :)
Even though I have known and loved "Riders" since it came out, I just recently bought it from some obscure retailer attached to UK's Amazon, and my GOD it's good to have it in my record collection after so many years! :)
Anyways, I'm extremely happy to hear, that there is still some action going on with Demonoid, and I hope to be able to hear some tunes soon! Keep up the good work, fellas!

PS: Kristian, your playing truly empowers me! Thanks for your amazing guitar work :)

Well, I mean it, buddy :)

That's why I'm so excited about the next Demonoid-album. Any news from the frontier? What are current prospects for the new album?

If you buy all the tickets I promise to buy you one beer per ticket! :)

Therion + Demonoid, I'd buy at least 3 tickets since I probably wouldn't have more money for traveling and stuff! :) In that case could I have at least 1 beer? :loco:

And btw I saw Therion in Zagreb and Budapest, amazing shows and I miss THE brothers as well :)

Definitely miss seeing the brothers on stage but musically Christian is a really good replacement and adds something fresh to the sound. What was lame was the Sitra Ahra album probably the weakest album therion released in many years though still not too bad I guess. But mainly I miss petter the new drummer isn't as good as the old.

Definitely miss seeing the brothers on stage but musically Christian is a really good replacement and adds something fresh to the sound. What was lame was the Sitra Ahra album probably the weakest album therion released in many years though still not too bad I guess. But mainly I miss petter the new drummer isn't as good as the old.

Sorry everyone for hikacking this thread with non-related Demonoid issues, but...

I personally digged it a lot, but for the first time I decided not to go to a Therion concert because I have no patience :zzz: to listen to the old songs anymore. :zzz: Sun enter the capri...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

They should have played more from the new album, and it's about time to start playing songs like Melek Taus and T.O.F. - The Trinity.