Are You A Pelican Or A Pelican't?

The Scourge

Suicide Machine
May 26, 2003
Drowning in a sea of addictions
Pelican: a fat, ugly bird that can somehow grace its disjointed body through the air with the greatest of ease. Such is a fitting name for the band that has been occupying my headspace for the last month or so.
I only suggest this band here since I am well aware that there are many Isis and Godflesh/Jesu fans amongst you. Seriously, check this band out. They just released an EP last month(March Into The Sea) which contains a different version of the LP song of the same name. This piece of music is epic, dynamic, and emotionally overwhelming and finds the Chicago-natives growing and maturing from their other two releases: their self-titled demo and Australasia.
Of course there are no vocals, as is per usual for this band. But once again, they are simply not needed. All of the exotic harmonies and pedal effects(ala Mono) contribute all the stark realism you could ask for. So do yourselves a favor and buy "The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw" when it is released on July 12.
Major chord heaven if you ask me.

Not exactly the reaction I was trying to illicit Cerulean, but thanks :)
Well, this thread seemed like a good idea early this morning. Perhaps I should stop making decisions when I am a little sauced up.

I agree with you Discouraged1. The first time that I listened to it, I thought it was incomplete as well. It was only after the first few listens that I really began to see that there are some really amazing things on this album.

I've discovered Pelican just a couple of months ago, got a hint from a friend. I remember that I put the cd in my player and tried to read a book along, but a few seconds later the only think I could do was :OMG: