Pelican For Beginners

Pelican are on Hyrda Head which is a great label, but I have not gotten into them. They are very popular in the emocore scene but that shouldn't be held against them. Isis is an excellent comparison. I would rather see Nevermore since I haven't seen them since they toured with Iced Earth back in...1999? Who knows. It was at a bar that held about 100 people and only 40 showed up so it would be great to see them at a 1000 level venue. Hydra Head is pretty solid though and their website has tons of mp3s, check out the band 27. Very groovy.

Isisi for some reason is very popular in the emocore scene too, doesn't make them a bad band, nor does it make them emocore.

Let's stop calling them emo kids, because they're really those arrogant fashion types who think they're extremely intellectual. Emo is still much worse.

so i got this 'Catterwell - feat members of Pelican'

??

anyone?

Is Catterwell the name of the album?

Because if so, then the band is Tusk, an experimental grind band that three of Pelican's four members are in.

Also, Pelican fucking rules. I haven't gotten into their newest album as much, but then I've only listened to it twice.

I just picked up Pelican's newest release yesterday, sounds good i like this CD alot. to bad they wont be opening for Opeth on the dates im going.

newest release?

i don't think so.

pelican /mono split..

trr89.jpg

TRACK LISTING
1. PELICAN: Ran Amber
2. PELICAN: Angel Tears (James Plotkin remix)
3. MONO: Yearning

The inaugural release in an on-going series of Hydra Head Industries/Temporary Residence Ltd. split LPs is a monumental masterpiece of relentless beauty and depth. Pelican start things off on a light note with the warm, acoustic "Ran Amber," followed by a James Plotkin remix of "Angel Tears." The b-side offers the most cathartic 15 minutes of music that Mono has ever committed to tape. Gliding in three epic movements like a heavy metal orchestra, this is as vivid an image of the edge of the world as you'll ever get through music. Strictly limited to 4,000 copies (most of which will be sold on the bands' tours), with a small amount of colored vinyl available while supplies last (which will be about a week, if we're lucky). These songs are NOT available elsewhere, and are NOT available on CD, so don't even ask!

ok, so i take it this split came out after The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon the thaw? I doubt i'll be able to get my hands on that one.