Pelican , Red Sparowes , Mare & co.

Dev

UTF-8 professional
Dec 9, 2002
Paris
Ok so I've got every Pelican release (EP , Australasia , March Into the Sea (the remix gives me headache after 4 minutes :loco: ) any other ? (vinyl excluded)) and the Red Sparowes album.This is the kind of shit I like very much at the moment , opinions and recommandations?

Post-rock , instrumental or something that embodies that spirit , not too generic if possible (I know GYBE , Mogwai & stuff)

Also , I heard the MARE ep was the "hardcore" version of Kayo Dot ; should I trust and thus buy asap teh precious?

Thanks.

Done . Shit they tour with Isis (note not to recommand any band that has toured with Isis )

I could list some artists standing out of the math-rock, post-rock dynasty, but I guess you know all their names already. Mouth of the Architect ought to be your next purchase, and keep Explosions in the Sky in a corner of your mind for the "calm after storm" spree

Mouth of the architect is already SOLD! except that I haven't bought it yet.

Figure of Merit & Vancouver I don't know . Will check
I'm a Cult of Luna and The Ocean fanboy also :dopey:

Mare is awesome... kinda like art-rock meets doom metal meets choral music... hard to explain, but definitely worth looking into...

If you've got some time well OK :worship:

Btw , what do think bout In Slaughter Natives after several weeks/months ?

Breach is what you need. I'm sure you have their stuff, though. Basically the European version of Neurosis. Forget Cult of Luna.

5ive is OK. Kind of a more generic Pelican.

Red Harvest is a good one. These guys are always dismissed because they have industrial in their sound. Well, so does Godflesh and Jesu (according to reviews) and people still recommend them. Based on reviews I've read, Jesu sound like what Red Harvest was doing back in 1996.

J. said:
Breach is what you need. I'm sure you have their stuff, though. Basically the European version of Neurosis. Forget Cult of Luna.

5ive is OK. Kind of a more generic Pelican.

Red Harvest is a good one. These guys are always dismissed because they have industrial in their sound. Well, so does Godflesh and Jesu (according to reviews) and people still recommend them. Based on reviews I've read, Jesu sound like what Red Harvest was doing back in 1996.

Give up on COL I'm too keen on Salvation to forget anything :D

I saw Breach /w The Ocean , they played Breach songs but I can't remember anything.Seemed a lot different from Neurosis in fact , much more rock with a punky (yes) feeling.

Ellestin said:
Can someone provide me with an overview of Mare's releases so far? Is everything they did a must-own? (Why am I asking this when I know the answer...)

Because you hope someone will say it sucks so you can save some time and money for other things :loco: