are you guys watching this powell shit live?

awesome, he's finally getting to human rights. fuck this al qaeda shit, fuck this WMD shit...this is the only reason the US should even be considering an attack.

Depends on how you pronounce it. If it's I-Rock, then it's pretty cool. But if you say I-Rack, then it's not as cool. They could call it something like Glassland or something.

they should change it to Iroc-Z!
iroc.jpg

no, the video on CNN is paid. maybe msnbc?

the MARSH ARABS are this very distinct culture that lives in the marshes of southern iraq and has for thousands of years. shiites took refuge in the marshes, so saddam drained and destroyed them and kind-of-sort-of committed genocide (but i wouldn't class this the same as kurdish genocide or anything, and you could argue he was jsut overly harsh in suppressing rebellion).

every time i hear the term "Marsh Arabs" i laugh...it just seems like the kind of phrase that will be tut-tutted on by history in an ethnically conscious future.

this is far far far from a smoking gun, dude.

in fact most of it is interpretation and by no means explains how any of this is a threat, which is really what he should have done.

i agree it wasn't a 'smoking gun' regarding one resolution, but i think it was pretty hardcore about the other.

i don't think 'threat' is important (i don't believe in self-defence), although that's clearly bush's strategy. so is he moving away from that stance? (good, if so) or did they just fail in their efforts to show its threat?

seriously, i agree with robina in that i don't think a threat to america was proved. you'd have to be an idiot to deny that one day iraq WILL threaten america on its current path, but for right now, no.

I didn't say it was threatening to america! Anyway I think the real argument we should be making should be for the UN to back up it's policy, not for America to go to war. Like the California Rep. was saying after the presentation.