are you guys watching this powell shit live?

I agree. But my point is that the opposition's reasons are also economic, so why are their economic motivations more important that the US's?. So the Russian opposition to the war because of their huge business interests in Iraq doesn't torpedo the antiwar cause the same way the American business interests torpedo the prowar cause? (I would argue that neither matters to the real argument).

Every single global political action has many motivations, and just because one of them happens to be "we want oil" or "we want money" doesn't mean the action is wrong. It might have good motivations and good results as well as evil ones. That's politics. Yes, I realise when someone first notices OH MY GOD BUSH WILL MAKE $500,000 OFF THIS WAR, it seems like this amazing secret they found out ("why Bush REALLY wants war!")and therefore must be opposed...but it's not. Everything has something like that behind it.

obviously it is useless to continue this conversation considering you seem intent on simplifying extremely complex issues to seem black and white. if you really think after talking to me for 70-odd posts that my thought process is anything as reactionary as this:

"Yes, I realise when someone first notices OH MY GOD BUSH WILL MAKE $500,000 OFF THIS WAR, it seems like this amazing secret they found out ("why Bush REALLY wants war!")and therefore must be opposed...but it's not. Everything has something like that behind it."

then this conversation has obviously been lost on you.

Multiple reasons for going to war are not the reason for why they are unjust, just why the are justifiable, and therefore should never be the reason to protest the war.

having said that, I am against the war in Iraq.
duckandcover.jpg

I am a little confused by the first half of your statement, but regarding the second, I think you're just scairt of getting some trans-Jordan presents from Saddam. Fraidy cat.