Are you in a band?

ShadowOfDeath

Warrior of Black Metal
Sep 20, 2003
New Hampshire
firec0re.net
If you're in a band i was curious...what type of music do you play? also what are your influences?

Me and some bands are working on our band. Our music is all around metal, some songs are really violent, some songs are more melodic and give an old metallica ballad feel(like nothing else matters).

our influences include: Mudvayne, Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Cradle of Filth, Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Tool, Slipknot, Deftones, Opeth, and more.

tell us who influences(or influenced) your band?

PS: don't kill me for some of my influences :loco:

the Band Discussion forum is the forum for that, buddy. Sorry to break it to ya, but the whole point of that forum is to put your band up in a thread and tell about it and your influences, so this thread is really pointless in a forum all about what you jsut said.

look around you in the forum to see who has a band on UM.

oh well, it's fun anyways.

Illuminati- This band of mine is my main priority. Vocals sound like old Kataklysm (temple of knowledge) mixed with Behemoth's. Guitar uses single note tremelo picking a lot in melodic, yet heavy, verses and sometimes choruses. Drumming is uber-fast. So yeah, 3 bands we kinda sound like mixed together are Kataklysm, Cryptopsy, and Old Man's Child.

The Vasa Crabtree Experience- Side project/joke band. Think Mindless Self Indulgence drum beats but 3 times as fast with metal guitar and Darkest Hour vocals. Oh, and gangsta rap bass beats sometimes. Our main "instrument" is Fruity Loops. Suprisingly, we actually sound pretty damn cool.

I have a punk rock band, nothing special, ecxept for the fact that Rancid spoke up for us in a new magazine article, but I play guitar in the band and my influences personally are, Children Of Bodom, Sinergy, Megadeth, In Flames, Guns And Roses, ACDC, Chuck Berry, stuff like that. Ive been experimenting with putting very simple metal leads in our songs, and it sounds good. We're called The Vex, www.thevex.com

Two bands, Apocrypha - Melodic death metal, biggest influences being Arch enemy, In flames, Carcass, CoB (website coming soon); and Revengeance - Power metal, with death metal influences; kind of hard to explain. www.665.org/revengeance.

Well, I have one. Progressive Melodic Metal. That's all I can really say. We were going by Garden Of Shadows, but that was sadly taken.

I have a powermetal soloproject I call Atlantis. It just started recently, and I've already got a couple of songs. I'll be recording and playing live with guest musicians (friends). Though I'm a drummer at heart, I have to play guitars live, I guess.
My influences are Gamma Ray, Iron Savior, Helloween, Heavenly, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Edguy and Freedom Call.
Visit the project site at http://www.metalprovider.com/atlantis

A project with the Code Name "Crystal Balls aka Exhumated" - Melodic/Technical Death. Main influences: Death, Cynic, Opeth, Aghora, Metallica....

I may be in one shortly, kind of a prog-rock project. Not what I really wanted to do, but I think the experience will be helpfull. Wanted to do a metal/rock/punk type thing, but I guess I am too old. Damn punk kids and their nu-metal ideals!!! Influences are Metallica (old and new), Ramones, Anthrax, SOAD, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Iron Maiden, Winger (ha! not really), and many others that I am not paid to endorse.

well Ive got a band b4 but now....fuckin broken..just bec of a fuckin gurl, A vocalist b4.she used to be my x..hehe. anyway...
my influences are. Old metallica( up to black album ), At the Gates. Children of Bodom, In Flames, The Haunted, Anathema, Megadeth,Stratovarious,Cradle Of Filth,Marduk...
But mainly I like gothenburg stuff.
I have a prob. of lookin for band members.2 of them my bassist and drummer is hostin up for medicine course...which means holdin up social life....
Its hard to find underground metallers here in the philippines..

I'm in Ursa Major. We're a melodic death/thrash/funk outfit.

However, our singer officially sucks(third crappy singer in a row) and he just cost us a Talent Show audition that we prepared for for a year...

I play guitar in a band called Demontage, our influences are Venom, Sabbat (Jap), etc. I don't mean to sound pretentious but i find it hard to categorize our sound, I guess 80's metal without sounding dated would be my label.

I have a couple of other projects I'm working on but unfortunately they're just solo projects at the moment:

Promethean Agony (I guess like epic or progressive (not wanky) death metal)

And something more experimental, like dissonant post rock or something, inspired by my love of old Pink Floyd, post rock and dissoance (in music) no name yet.

i'm playing in a black metal band as a vocalist
in a brutal death/grind band as a vocalist
and in a hardcore/brutal side project as a vocalist
i also play drums but not good enough to play with band yet..