Are you riding the Waves?

at the end of the day; an algorithm is just an impulse response simulating an overtly mechanical function. there is no mystery as to how these things work.

:loco:

sorry dude, no offence, but that's totally sig-worthy. :lol:

algos and ir's are not even apples and oranges. wikipedia is your friend.

:loco:

sorry dude, no offence, but that's totally sig-worthy. :lol:

algos and ir's are not even apples and oranges. wikipedia is your friend.

i wasn't comparing them.

i think it was obvious, i was referring to signal processing algorithms i.e. convolution theorem or fft in conjunction.

(i'm not saying that irf is an algorithm... i'm saying algorithms use ir function).

a vast majority of audio signal processing uses simple mathematics to process mic or line level in convolution... some of the most popular (mcdsp, waves etc) use these scripting algorithms in unison of the convolution theorem.

you are right in fact about one thing (not apples to oranges) more like apples to apple seeds.

btw: i didn't obtain an electrical engineering degree from wikipedia... so i wouldn't trust it.

if you are determined on using wikipedia... i would recommend that you research IIR Filters & FIR Filters. this will expand more on the principles i'm speaking of.

ok... so as not to bewilder the trolls... i have edited my post in regards to the statement "at the end of the day; an algorithm is just an impulse response simulating an overtly mechanical function. there is no mystery as to how these things work."

it will not be retracted however ...i hope the censored version will be a lot less difficult to digest.

ok... so as not to bewilder the trolls... i have edited my post in regards to the statement "at the end of the day; an algorithm is just an impulse response simulating an overtly mechanical function. there is no mystery as to how these things work."

it will not be retracted however ...i hope the censored version will be a lot less difficult to digest.

still makes no sense.

Personally I think Waves is overpriced just for the fact that you buy a bundle that has 5634398+ different limiters in it, when really one or two will do. I might grab the SSL or V Series stuff at some point though as they're nice and not too expensive.

I use alot of the stock PT plugs, and I'm quite into my Massey plugs myself, great sound and very cheap!

I use alot of the stock PT plugs, and I'm quite into my Massey plugs myself, great sound and very cheap!

this is exactly how i feel!

i was an engineer at encore (paramount) in burbank and besides all the outboard gear that may or may not have been used... a lot of other engineers and i were content with using the pt digirack plug-ins.

i never did mastering until recently so, now i am in the process of aquiring my outboard mastering chain.

but pt plug-ins, like i said; completely under-rated

7 band eq 3 is actually a great eq.
I do love the Cla comps and ssl bundle.
only waves stuff i've got.

+1 to the McDSP stuff and PTs EQ III 7 band ... plus the 1 band. I never use the 4 band but the others I use extensively

as for waves stuff ... Tune was a worthy purchase for me

About Waves... I think the CLA , SSL, API bundles are worth it but the rest of the plugs.. naaah !!! There are better and cheaper alternatives.

Im currently using:

Mcdsp (multikomp,analogue channel)
Soundtoys, Echoboy, Crystalizer
Waves SSL
Waves API
Softube FET compressor, CL1b
PT plugins (such as EQ III, Desser etc)

So that's about 2000$ worth of plugins

one of my vocal chains, recently:

at4047mp (omni) > neve1073 > teletronix la2a > digirack eq3(1band)hp > eiosis deesser > elysia mpressor > ssl g-eq > mcdsp ml4000 1band limiter

i love this sound so much...