Argghh. I hate guitars.

Torniojaws

They call me Juha
May 15, 2005
Espoo, Finland
www.vortechmusic.com
I've got a perfect mix going on - without guitars :erk: I've tried all sorts of guitar tones (5150+Mesa, Powerball alone, Marshall stuff, impulses, real guitar amps, whatever) etc and none of them fit into the song in any way without turning the song to mush and inarticulate crap :err: All the guitars sound like is either fizzy crap or ball-less palm mute stuff like a tube amp at midnight volume :rolleyes:

I hate guitars :yuk:

Yeah.

Finally a combination that works in the mix! I went through almost all the reasonable and unreasonable combinations of spectrums :lol: The only thing that works is Krank Revolution + Engl Savage :zombie: Lead guitar with 5150 :lol: Talk about an expensive bunch...

Sounds really cool dude, and I like the vocalist a lot (reminds me of Insomnium, and no, not just because you guys are Finnish :lol:) - I definitely agree about the guitar tone needing more presence, but eq to the rescue in that dept., and the kick sounds really really good - it's got more of a crack than a slap to it, like Gene Hoglan's on the "SYL" album, which has always been one of my favorites!