ARIAs = Joke

All hail Bert

1344617789a65bcaaf604c2eeb14b9a1_0.jpg

I switched off after Missy Higgins.

Bert Newton is a legend.

Guy's performance was very dull. A good sign that someone has little stage presence is the number of dances he/she has on stage. God I hate that. I heard around the time of the Idol tour in January that Guy had never actually been to a concert before, apart from churchie stuff. I wonder if he actually knows how to put on a good show.

Hmm... I actually thought Rove was pretty funny about 2 years ago on TV but having not had any time to myself to watch his show since then, it's pretty clear things have changed somewhat..!

*shrugs*

I see the ARIAs are as bogus as always... Yay me for not watching it this year! :D

I think Jet are a pretty decent band (I hated them at first but they're actually kinda ok)... they really seemed like a bunch of prats though. ALso that whole whateveryoucallit look they've got going is the new glam. It's more glam than 80s hair metal, I reckon.

Also, I TRY to kinda not hate Guy Sebastion because at least he seems to be very committed to writing his own shit instead of just doing covers or buying songs that got left off of a Brian Adams record... but hell... the biggest cheers during that number were for the dancers - I think that says a lot.

At least rock was the centre of things though, not like the US awards where rap & rnb acts get to do two songs each and the rock bands get to play 1/3 of a song each in one 5 minute segment.

I don't think Rove is that bad.

Bert is a legend.

The awards shitted me to some degree. I like John Butler, and Jet aren't bad (though they came across as wankers, and I agree with Tinman about the fashion thing), but it was annoying hearing about them all night. I was hoping Pete Murray would win best song, but Jet had to win everything.

The performance at the end was cool. I have been looking for an mp3 of Rollerball's cover of Evie for a while but can't find it.

There should be a metal catagory.

I don't like Missy Higgins or her annoying song.

Whats wrong with Missy Higgins? You dont think she could get dressed up in leather and then play Mario Kart with us Blitzy?

She is going to launch a spiky blue turtle shell right up your arse for saying that Blitzy.

There won't be a metal category at the ARIAs because it's not mainstream enough. That said, one thing I am pleased about is the way they handle nominations for rap, "RnB" and hip-hop/jungle/etc. -- they categorise it all as "urban". I like that much better than the way it's done at the Grammies.

I can't stand awards shows, so don't watch them. I might watch them if I lived somewhere like Norway or Finland though - their awards shows kick donkey.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Delta's god awful performance. Yes, I'm attacking the little darling of the Oz music business, but purely because there should have been a law against some of the pitching errors in that performance! Guy's performance was okay (I've seen him to do better) but he could downright school Delta in hitting notes.

Rove is getting less funny by the day. He will soon surpass Darryl Somers as the biggest tosser on TV. He may even be there already.

I feel better now.