Arkhon Infaustus - Yes!

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
The tracks that I have heard from this band are unrelenting.

Review of their 2004 release for those of you who need something to read while you listen...

Ever since I first heard about ARKHON INFAUSTUS I wanted to get my hands on one of their CDs. I didn't care which one it was, I just wanted to hear these guys for myself. Every one of their releases were highly recommended to me but I was having difficulty tracking down a copy of anything. It was a frustrating experience, to say the least, so when I finally found "Perdition Insanablis" I couldn't wait to get it home to have a listen. Let me just tell you, I wasn't disappointed.

ARKHON INFAUSTUS are best described as one part necro Black Metal, and one part tech Death. They really balance the two genres with an amazing songwriting ability that leaves me awestruck every opportunity I have to listen to them. Sometimes they are utterly brutal, but that doesn't mean they can't hold a groove, or that they are afraid to for that matter. A lot of times too, ARKHON have a tendency to offset their brutality with immaculately positioned epic passages that will keep your interest just when you think the CD might begin to drone.

The production shines as equally as bright as the musical composition on "Perdition Insanablis." Unlike most tech Death releases the drums don't overpower the rest of the band, although the drums have an exceptional presence. The snare, in particular, is the definitely best snare I have ever heard on a recording like this. I would really like to find out how it was achieved as the drums still hold up at speeds in excess of 250 beats per minute without drawing attention from the rest of the band. The sound fidelity also separates ARKHON INFAUSTUS from most Black Metal releases without an overly fuzzy and lo-fi atmosphere. That's not to say that there isn't any fuzz, there is, but it is tastefully apparent without making a skill-distorting atmosphere.

"Perdition Insanablis" is Art. With a capital "A." It is a truly chilling tableau of Satanic energy. From the highly original layout to the perfect music it should be the new gold standard for other bands to measure themselves against. This CD is a new classic and will not disappoint, unless you suck, and then I can't help you.

Sounds like: BELPHEGOR meets DEATHSPELL OMEGA
Standout tracks: M33 Constellation, Six Seals Salvation
Complaints: none, buy this now.

Credit- Some nerd with too much time on his hands.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=100841952

Arkhon Infaustus is great! Orthodoxyn was awesome, but my favorite is Filfth Catalyst, I think.

90_9857.jpg

Fuck me Jerry, I missed this thread.

"When they have called" is EXCELLENT. I was floored within the first 60 second. This is exactly the type of extreme metal I like these days (when it's not pagan/heathen crap).

Totally fucking occult. Belphegor meets Deathspell Omega is right. :kickass:

"M33 Constellation" is pretty unruly too. At first I thought it was going to be blah bam bam bam death metal but then it becomes oh so much more.

Like fucking Destroyer 666 getting fucked by Satan.

*A raging fire inside my head ensues*...... the track Ali mentioned in his first post absolutely epotimizes what I've felt this week. This is "in the mood" material for sure, but a kick in the ass nevertheless.

Oh yeah, and I'm in the mood. :headbang:

Nice one.

"M33 Constellation" is pretty unruly too. At first I thought it was going to be blah bam bam bam death metal but then it becomes oh so much more.

Like fucking Destroyer 666 getting fucked by Satan.

Digging the 2nd half of that song - it really is like a stripped down hellfire version of D666 in a way.

A little *too* gutteral on the vocals for my repeated enjoyment, but still cool nevertheless.

No. This band was a recent discovery. I don't plan on acquiring any new albums via purchase until 08. I'm backed up like the stripe that ran down the end of Alwin's ass and ended up a crack stain on Nad's toilet.

Upon listening to all of Orthodoxyn, I can safely say that it's not as good as I would have hoped based on the earlier 1 or 2 stellar samples. I guess they posted their best stuff on myspace and the rest doesn't live up to that quality.

Upon listening to all of Orthodoxyn, I can safely say that it's not as good as I would have hoped based on the earlier 1 or 2 stellar samples. I guess they posted their best stuff on myspace and the rest doesn't live up to that quality.

Have you heard Filth Catalyst? That's their best IMO.