Armored Saint and Wolf to play PPUSA XIV

Do you know the full lineup? Thus far, it's looking like I might be making a return to Atlanta next fall!

Edit: Here's the lineup. I'm only a big fan of 4-5 of the bands, so I dunno if this'll be worth it. If they add PC69, Theocracy or Dream Evil to the Showcase night, I might make it out.

Damnation Angels - UK
Myrath - Tunisia
Xandria - Germany
Wolverine - Sweden
Ashes of Ares (Matt Barlow's new band) - US
Soilwork (co-headliner) - Sweden
Shadow Gallery (co-headliner) - US

ReinXeed - Sweden
Heaven's Cry - Canada
Wolf - Sweden
Circus Maximus (co-headliner) - Norway
Armored Saint (co-headliner) - US
Sabaton (co-headliner) - Sweden

Shadow Gallery (co-headliner) - US

Wolf - Sweden
Armored Saint (co-headliner) - US
Sabaton (co-headliner) - Sweden

Enough to make me comeback.

2013 will be the definitive year to look for shows outside my country, I see it as my retirement year :D

Do you know the full lineup? Thus far, it's looking like I might be making a return to Atlanta next fall!

The pre-show artists are supposed to be announced much earlier this year. That will be a plus.

Circus Maximus is a band to see even if you don't like them on disc. I really don't care much for their music, but the singer is just ridiculously good live. Not so much from a performance standpoint, but he REALLY sings well.

Bryant

The pre-show artists are supposed to be announced much earlier this year. That will be a plus.

Circus Maximus is a band to see even if you don't like them on disc. I really don't care much for their music, but the singer is just ridiculously good live. Not so much from a performance standpoint, but he REALLY sings well.

Bryant

Circus is one of the 4-5 bands that would make me go back. I met their singer about a dozen times in 09. Nice guy, great singer, great band.

I will say, at least for me, this is probably the best lineup they've had since 09. I doubt I'll be able to make it out (especially as I'm seriously looking into the Monsters of Rock cruise in March), but time will tell.

I will say, at least for me, this is probably the best lineup they've had since 09.

To me is the best roster ever. Considering now both headlining days are appealing.

I'm gonna do my best to attend, it would be neat if you can make it. I will love to see the UMOS-NA chapter one more (and probably last) time.

We've opened for them, and I can assure you Soilwork is not Power Metal.

I just know I`m going to skip them TOTALLY.

I really don`t understand Glenn views these days about the festival, but Wolf makes anyone forgives everything :D

Yeah they went from melodic death thrash to like nu metal fear factory kind of worship got bored with them.

The same here. I think their first two albums, especially the second 'The Chainheart Machine', were classic Gotenburg death metal albums. After that they introduced clean vocals and I got very bored with them.

SOILWORK, POWER METAL? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I have seen melodic death metal labeled for them also. I wouldn't even call them death metal. Melodically speaking either.

Thanks for the kind words (or any words for that matter). I have been doing this for over a decade now so I have to just grin sometimes at some of the comments. As to questioning of my sanity regarding Soilwork, perhaps you should look at the history of the festival before making assumptions.

There is always at least one band on the roster over the past 6-7 years that falls outside the normal progressive & power metal genres. This type of band is traditionally known as the "oddball" and helps get the name of the festival out to a different slice of life so to speak and brings in new blood. That helps keeps the festival alive since prog & power fans are getting older and not coming out as much regardless of who you put in the lineup. However, they remain some of the most vocal & pickiest bitches on the planet at times. When you are a promoter, you suck it up and take the good with the bad.

I tell folks on my forum all the time to quit worrying about genres and simply enjoy music that you may have not been exposed to previously. Otherwise, enjoy a dinner break. :)

Past oddballs include:
Primordial
Ihsahn
Mayan
Forbidden
Oceans of Sadness
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Freak Kitchen
Pink Cream 69
Amorphis
Mustash
etc., etc.

It's perfectly understandable and acceptable to hate a band on the roster and to bash them as a result. No problem there. However, it's my job to put on a successful festival that appeals to the majority of the audience instead of just trying to placate a few individuals that would probably never attend anyway.

See a few of you in Atlanta next year.

cheers,
Glenn

All have to say is ARMORED SAINT!!!!!! One of my all time favorites. Circus Maximus is another new favorite of mine. Saw them twice at PP. I only hope I have the money to go this year. I haven't been able to go for the past two years and it really hurts not being able to see all these great bands.:hotjump:

Primordial is quite good i have yet listened to Ihsahn's solo albums which is strange cause i love emperor and zyklon. Moneywise i never had the cash or a good car to make it down to atlanta which i wanted to go to meet folks on this forum plus i have a couple of friends from indy that moved down there. One of these years I guess.

Cool to see Glenn poke around in here. Forbidden and PC 69 were great oddballs at the fest for my ears. As he said, one can always grab dinner/beer etc. Unfortunately a large group of my friends decided to skip out in Serenity this past year and pick up some dinner. Serenity ended up being the darling of the show. Glad I decided to wait on food.

Bryant