Armored Saint: Symbol of Salvation - Special 3 Disc Edition

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
WHOA! This release was lost in the shuffle as it came out the same week as WCFYA. Highly, highly recommended. It sounds alot more crisp and loud, the originally release sounded a little flat (the whole Saint catalog could use some remastering). On top of that, you actually get a demo version of each track. It is cool to hear the transition from demo to final track. Bush's vox are ALOT more raw on the demos. Incredibly raw sounding. The late Dave Prichard really shreds on the demos too. Then there is an interview, which goes into each and every track, the artwork, everything. The set comes in a nice package, it's almost like a mini boxed set.

I picked it up the other day when I went go get WCFYA. I wasn't going to get it then until I looked at the price and couldn't resist. It's for sure a must have for any Saint fan.

I'm a great fan of John Bush's work with Anthrax, and have meant to check out Armored Saint for ever. Is Symbol of Salvation a good entry point, or should I start with something else?

hey rev, ALL Armored Saint is great. You could start just about anywhere, but I'd say go chronologically...March Of The Saint, Delirious Nomad, Raising Fear, Symbol Of Salvation and then Revelation...this way you can tell how the band has evolved over the years and surprisingly managed to stay true to themselves without repeating the same albums over and over (coughACDCcough)...

But whatever you can get a hold of check it out. They are all great. Its unbelieveable what a fantastic record Revelation is, especially after such a long hiatus...so many bands reform only to put out a complete turd. This is a truly an incredible LP...

Symbol of Salvation is one of the Top 10 best metal releases EVER by ANYONE. That is why it is getting this special treatment. Start with this release Rev....then move to "Revelation" or "Delirious Nomad"........

You are a lucky fucker to have all of that great Armored Saint music yet to hit your ears.........kinda like what I went through with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones a couple of years back. Bought one album, "Pay Attention", fucking loved it and then bought every thing they ever put out.

No "REAL" metalhead can claim to have never heard or owned "Symbol of Salvation"..........a goddamn masterpeice!!!

could someone do a review, maybe even song-by-song of Symbol of Salvation. I know a lot of guys on the board know next to nothing about the Saint but are interested. Any band comparisons for the drums, guitars etc?

Keith Would said:
I've been thinking of checking out Armored Saint, this sounds like a good place to start. What do they sound like, anything like Anthrax?

I think they sound quite different actually. Other than Bush on vocals it's a fairly different sound. Symbol of Salvation is one of my favorite albums of all time. I saw them on that tour, also at a small club in Cleveland, OHio. It was a great concert--one of the best ever.

All their other albums are good, especially Raising Fear, but this one is the ultimate!!

Symbol runs fast and heavy to more melodic. Don't have time to elaborate song-by-song right now, but maybe some time later.