Art of Loss

Nice review Tage absolutely agree with that score. My only minor gripe is would have preferred they swapped out Love Reign for another original and put both it and Say Something (excellent Parker duet with Ray on the bonus disc) together on disc2 but nitpicking at best :)

Thanks for reading the review and for the feedback.

Great album. One of the big things that brings me back again and again to Redemption are the lyrics. At a stage in my life dealing with parenthood and all the difficulties and struggles raising an ADHD child. Long story short, I basically hit my limit yesterday and put the Art of Loss on my headphones to listen while doing some chores.

Listening to the song, That Golden Light just brought tears to my eyes. Just the right song at the right time.

One Day I'll be standing in that light again
One Day I will feel the glow
And all the things I've struggled with will fade away
And I will feel it's warmth heal me

I'm sure the song has different meanings for others, but, for me, it is heaven. Thanks Nick and the rest of the band for such a great song and album.

Back to the lyrics. I love that they speak to real life and real struggles. Keep up the great work and please keep making music.

Thanks, Rick

I want to hear the Say Something song. I guess I will have to buy the Euro version. Anyone that has heard it, do you like it?

I had the advantage of not knowing the song too well already, but Say Something is a magnificent rendition of the original. Ray's typically emotive but adding Parker to the song was a stroke of genius, they sound perfect together for this track.

Great choice of song, tbh I prefer it over Love Reign even and can't recommend it enough \m/

Reactions: nckissfan
Great album. One of the big things that brings me back again and again to Redemption are the lyrics. At a stage in my life dealing with parenthood and all the difficulties and struggles raising an ADHD child. Long story short, I basically hit my limit yesterday and put the Art of Loss on my headphones to listen while doing some chores.

Listening to the song, That Golden Light just brought tears to my eyes. Just the right song at the right time.

One Day I'll be standing in that light again
One Day I will feel the glow
And all the things I've struggled with will fade away
And I will feel it's warmth heal me

I'm sure the song has different meanings for others, but, for me, it is heaven. Thanks Nick and the rest of the band for such a great song and album.

Back to the lyrics. I love that they speak to real life and real struggles. Keep up the great work and please keep making music.

Thanks, Rick

Awesome!

Pleased for you, understand completely! :)

got my Euro copy today. Really cool hearing Ray and Parker sing together. It is a great version of that song. The other songs are really cool. I like Chris Brodericks mix of Thirty Silver. He is one of my favorite guitarists.

Yeah thinking likewise.

This record still getting a ton of my ear time and hoping now with new Fates close to release (and lead single very promising) that gives The Art Of Loss another shot of life (not that it should need it but here's hoping anyway)...

I've looked about everywhere and can't find a way to buy a physical copy of the 2cd version. Only one site to have it shipped from Europe. That seems crazy. The link above doesn't work.