Arthemis UK Tour 2011

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
Andrea just announced the following:

ARTHEMIS are PROUD to announce their forthcoming UK TOUR IN NOVEMBER 2011 unleashing the fury together with "FREEDOM CALL" (Power Metal) and "NEONFLY" (Heavy metal).See ya there Metalheads! More news coming soon! m/

18.11.2011 London @ Underworld
19.11.2011 Nottingham @ MG ballroom
20.11.2011 Wakefield @ Snooty Fox
...21.11.2011 Newcastle @ Trillians
22.11.2011 Grimsby @ Yardbirds
23.11.2011 Birmingham @ Roadhouse

I think Arthemis get a criminally low profile here and it's fantastic news to get the chance to see two such great bands together on the same stage.

Would've loved to have made what eventually became the Manchester show (was originally going to be Nottingham) or failing that the Wakefield show but on top of everything else I've spent and am spending money on, including other gigs, I just can't justify the cost of going to yet another gig I'm afraid.

Same goes for quite a few other bands playing semi-locally in the next month or so I'd love to see too unfortunately. To those who make one or more of the shows, have a great time!

Lyrics to United Alliance -

United alliance, once and for all
Raise your hands and hail - Freedom Call

My mis-heard lyrics -

United by lions once and for all
Raise your hands and tail Freedom Call

I still find myself accidentally singing about lions each time I hear it. Must be careful to sing the actual lyrics at the show tomorrow or I'll probably be getting some strange looks!

Busy evening ahead - finish work at 5, then drive from Sheffield to Chesterfield to get changed and collect my wife and brother. Then back in the car and drive up to Wakefield for the gig. Looking forward to this one!

Just got home, gig was good but the mood was ruined slightly by the venue owner ordering people to "buy some drinks or get the fuck out". I understand he has to make a profit but there was no excuse for the way in which he approached the subject.

The bar was pretty busy all night so I'm not sure why he felt it necessary. Next week I'll refuse to buy rounds of drinks at £10+ each time and ask for 3 tap waters as Dom advises!

On a separate note, I am slightly concerned about the size of the stage and the amount of gear that PQ will be using. It's gonna be a tight squeeze, that's for sure.

You know what, because I wasn't focusing on what the venue actually was when I read the last few posts, I've only just realised that this occurred at The Snooty Fox! I will not be chuffed if this happens again tomorrow.

Heard him say the same thing at yesterday's show, but to be fair I didn't take it as entirely strict? Either way, he made it clear he was chuffed with me at the end of the night as I ended up having many a drink!

I'm sorry but based on my experience last night, I'm going to have to say some of you are reading far too much into this.

I'm used to people saying stuff in the same manner he did at last night's show, the same type of tone etc and based on past experiences and based on how he was talking to him in bits and bobs throughout the night, he seemed a sound person. He came across as polite, open-minded and it's not as if he was going round seeing if people had drinks in their hands or anything! (Unless someone can report otherwise?).