Artwork Request

A

AllThatRemains

Hi guys
I just looked through your selfmade artworks and found them all great. I just thought if someone of you could do me/my band a favor and realize an artwork i have in mind. The music isnt neither recorded nor written, but i want this also to become the entering picture for the website and im a non-talented guy in arts. Just write back if you are interested.

Thanks Ollo

How soon do you want the artwork? I can work on something after 2-3 weeks as I'm having exams at this time. I would also like to know the genre of the band, at least the basic. Is it a metal band? What you have in mind concerning the artwork? Will be a logo included too? I'm interested in working on something during holidays, but If you want something very soon I don't think I will be able :(. All that remains is a band too :) , I'm sure you know that. What's the name of your band?

Hmm I'm also interested, Ive got alot of spare time right now. Im about to start a photography and motion graphics course at Uni so it would be cool to actually make something for a band. But Tone-deaf was first so...

I am available to work on your project if the two above don't have the time right away. Maybe give me an idea of what direction you want to go with the design along with the style of music and name of the band. You can responed here or PM me and we can discuss your project in full detail. I look forward to taliking with you.

I chose the allthatremains nickname because of the band, i like them alot.

The name for my band is not certain yet, but its supposed to be something metalic, but - i know everyone says that - its should be something special. Some touch of Horrorpunk like from the misfits will be in it.

Conceirning the logo i had the idea of a dark night with a crescent moon in it with the open end to the right. There is a wire bound to the lower edge of the moon that a man has his neck in and is strangulated, you know what i mean? Sry for the bad english ^^

So on the left side of it is a cliff which is standing a ladder on. This should all look like the men went up that hill and used the ladder to hang himself on the edge of the crescent moon. kinda unreal. Maybe the man could be also a small boy or is wearing a business suit or so, just asýou want him to be.

All in all id love it to look real depressive but also colourful, a lot of dark blue and gold and yellow.

Can you imagine something from that?

Btw: thanks for so much interest, i thought i wiill check back in this forum and in 1 or 2 months the first one would have replied to that.

and take as much time as you want for it, the band is currently just imagination and we're searching for practicing room and need money to buy a drumset ^^ so it all takes time.

FUBAR said:
Hmm I'm also interested, Ive got alot of spare time right now. Im about to start a photography and motion graphics course at Uni so it would be cool to actually make something for a band. But Tone-deaf was first so...

No problem :) , you can work on it too, besides it would be a more pro work as you are studying in a university, and I'm just a 15yo student :lol: . If I make something I'll probably make it just to kill some time (that doesn' mean that it will be shitty :rolleyes:), so feel free to work on it, that's the same for all who have already been offered or will be offered to do the artwork.
--
@Allthatremains: Would you prefer the artwork made more with hand than with a software or you don't have problem with that.
The most important , Is there a reward ? just kidding :saint: . Besides, it would be a pain in the ass to send money through mailbox here.

*Edited: Can we make any changes with your idea. It's pretty cool and freaky, I like it. But, I'm not sure about the ladder, the idea is great, but I think there will be some ''technical problems'' as the ladder should be a lot smaller than the moon and the man, and it wouldn't look good. I'm sure that you don't have problem with any changes, I'm just askin :)

AllThatRemains said:
I chose the allthatremains nickname because of the band, i like them alot.

The name for my band is not certain yet, but its supposed to be something metalic, but - i know everyone says that - its should be something special. Some touch of Horrorpunk like from the misfits will be in it.

Conceirning the logo i had the idea of a dark night with a crescent moon in it with the open end to the right. There is a wire bound to the lower edge of the moon that a man has his neck in and is strangulated, you know what i mean? Sry for the bad english ^^

So on the left side of it is a cliff which is standing a ladder on. This should all look like the men went up that hill and used the ladder to hang himself on the edge of the crescent moon. kinda unreal. Maybe the man could be also a small boy or is wearing a business suit or so, just asýou want him to be.

All in all id love it to look real depressive but also colourful, a lot of dark blue and gold and yellow.

Can you imagine something from that?

Btw: thanks for so much interest, i thought i wiill check back in this forum and in 1 or 2 months the first one would have replied to that.

and take as much time as you want for it, the band is currently just imagination and we're searching for practicing room and need money to buy a drumset ^^ so it all takes time.

Is this project up for who ever comes up with the results or focused on anyone particular. I have started the project, but if it was ment for one of the others to do then thats is cool. I can just use the one I am doing for something else.

"@Allthatremains: Would you prefer the artwork made more with hand than with a software or you don't have problem with that.
The most important , Is there a reward ? just kidding . Besides, it would be a pain in the ass to send money through mailbox here."
(sry, im a forum-noob, so idont know how this "quote-thing" goes)

- I thinks its cool if it looks more software-like, thats more like i imagined it but if could also look great if its like drawn. But maybe then this would look like the average "emo-suicide-wish picture" :)

- We now all save money for a drumset, so there is no money left in our pockets to hand anyone of you over, although i know it is a lot of work doing this. I simply hope anyone of you has fun with the idea and how to realise it. So i wont chose anyone specific of you to do this "job" but i also wouldnt want this to become to much like a "who does it best" competition.

As i said, I had doubts that even a single one of you would want to do this, now it shouldnt become a problem if more than one of you guys likes the idea i think.

Btw: who of you is familiear with web-design?

thanks Ollo

sry for the double post. I forgot to comment about the idea of to leave the ladder away:

Of course you can change at this idea whatever you want, i had the ladder-idea while i was writing the last post, so it was just spontaneous.

"I'm sure that you don't have problem with any changes" - you said it! ^^

man im writing too much, i should be working atm.

Hi

I think it looks really cool, although its not 100% like i expected, but thats ok. I think this will be it if noone else has done anything like the artwork. I like the idea of the men standingin line to kill themselves, thats really cool. It would be nice if you could send me the bigger version of the image to my email adress: ollo163686@hotmail.com

I saw this thread on Friday and thought it would be a good way to kill some time over the weekend...

Here is my take on the concept. It was all created with royalty-free stock images (see below).

hangman.jpg

hangman-stock.jpg

Here is a link to the hi-res version (3600x3600, 2.8Mb):
http://www.darkprints.com/storage/hangman-hires.jpg

Darkprints-banner.jpg

http://www.darkprints.com

Nice work fading :) . You too danimal, although this isn't really considered as an artwork, and the man who's is hunged I don't think that his hand should be in his pocket, but as you said you did it to kill some time, it's a nice compination though.

I haven't started working on an artwork (am having exams at this time as I have mentioned), but I had an idea.

On the top center there will be a full moon but the half of it will be a skull's head. There will be a nightsky with stars, and all theese will be in a blue-tirqoise(sorry I don't know how to spell it). On the bottom there will be crosses, graves and the hung stuff in a black tone , that blue-turqoise light added behind them. There must be a red spot somewhere to grab the attention of the one who sees it, so a red light around the moon, or a red spot-glowing eye on the skull. The edges should be you know this scratchy/distressed style. Maybe it would be good If I could put some shining lights to make the moon-skull face look like covered a bit with a sheet to look like it wears this sheet. And this will be fading near the place where the crosses and all theese stuff start.

I don't know how this could be created but it's just a stupid idea.

Tone-Deaf said:
Nice work fading :) . You too danimal, although this isn't really considered as an artwork, and the man who's is hunged I don't think that his hand should be in his pocket, but as you said you did it to kill some time, it's a nice compination though.

I haven't started working on an artwork (am having exams at this time as I have mentioned), but I had an idea.

On the top center there will be a full moon but the half of it will be a skull's head. There will be a nightsky with stars, and all theese will be in a blue-tirqoise(sorry I don't know how to spell it). On the bottom there will be crosses, graves and the hung stuff in a black tone , that blue-turqoise light added behind them. There must be a red spot somewhere to grab the attention of the one who sees it, so a red light around the moon, or a red spot-glowing eye on the skull. The edges should be you know this scratchy/distressed style. Maybe it would be good If I could put some shining lights to make the moon-skull face look like covered a bit with a sheet to look like it wears this sheet. And this will be fading near the place where the crosses and all theese stuff start.

I don't know how this could be created but it's just a stupid idea.

Thanks for the comment. Your idea sounds pretty cool. Go for it.

Great fading, great Danimal, thx so far.

Tone-Deaf your idea sounds great, but i have a problem with the skull thing, because the new as i lay dying cover kinda has that both already, moon and skull. maybe youll do it completely different than they have it, just do it, i dont want to stop anyone from anything.

i have also some details to add to the idea of mine. first of all this ladder was meant to be standing on top of the hill, not leaning at it ´, but it turned out great that way. my original idea was to have that huge crescent-moon in the sky and beneath it is the see. the gey hangs there just luke on fading and danimals version. but the sea only reflects the moon. but maybe too many details will confine you too much. anyway, just do what you want to, im verry happy with what the results are so far. you guys rock! ^^