DPP Artwork

Zellie

Spilled Cup of Oceansoul
Aug 13, 2007
I'm really impressed by the extent and detail of the artwork in this booklet. I love the pendulum and I always did think it looked rather violent..... turns out we've got it coming down on The Poet like a device of death!

And I think The Poet looks rather like Tuomas ;) since he names himself in the song I guess it isn't that surprising but wow, impressively direct.

Interesting that "Bye bye beautiful" lyrics don't include "die die / cry cry" which I SWEAR I can hear.

Amaranth....we've seen that art before ;p

Master Passion Greed - this one is most interesting to me. By the position of the person I thought it looked like a puppet compared to the hand.... look closer at the hand and you can see strings around the fingers. Also, the human is shaped like a female. Annnnnnd, the hand is wearing The Pendulum of Death ;)

Eva. I dunno but she looks very young for havin those boobs! o_o

The 1001 is kinda cheesy in the Sahara picture but well, what else can ya do.

bwahaha. I saw Emppu's guitar before I saw Whoever Brings the Night artwork and I thought the woman on the guitar looked rather like a bellydancer. Well, now we know. Emppu has a thing for whores. The woman in the green is really bizarrely proportioned though!

For the Heart I Once Had... I love that the top of the heart is burning and the bottom is frozen. Interesting that there are trees...makes sense though and I guess trying to draw an ocean inside a heart would have been difficult.

Islander... interesting to get a direct look at the guy. Often we get the back view of people, or just the hand, some kind of impression rather than something so direct.

Last of the Wilds - wait, is this song about Snowy?!

7 Days to the Wolves - of course, has some wolves in it. The cup has green liquid coming out of it, or steaming out of it...makes me think that is the poison.

(side note, numbers like 7 days, and 3 minutes makes me wonder if they were written as a countdown to Tarja's firing. They had to plan it in advance and imagine the anxiety at that kind of decision)

Meadows of Heaven - the house reminds me of Tuomas' house XD

lolololol... that last picture of Anette is hilarious XD it does give a very accurate representation of her!

A gal in NJ posted this on the official board...her animated Nightwish, just awesome. Pics with her and the band here

nightwish_the_animated_series.gif

A gal in NJ posted this on the official board...her animated Nightwish, just awesome. Pics with her and the band here

nightwish_the_animated_series.gif

Holy crap. I just joined up here and I see someone posted my artwork! Thank you so much, Iced Dog! I'm glad you guys like it. I totally think Anette should be an elf!

Now I have to figure out what to draw next. :D

Welcome aboard, Onezumi. I see a lot of Japanese-style anime as a main influence of yours. Good stuff.