DPP Lyrics

Zellie

Spilled Cup of Oceansoul
Aug 13, 2007
Some of the songs are a lot more modern and straightforward in lyrical content than usual. Bye Bye Beautiful has such a simple, straightforward chorus....Master, Passion, Greed is even more so in this direction with the conversational lines. We also get more swearing! "Who the hell are you"...I think we've had hell before but in the context of heaven/hell. Whore is used a LOT and then of course "I fuck up everything but let me explain." I remember when I first read the lyrics to Romanticide and found the "OD on lies" a little jarring since so many of Tuomas lyrics are very timeless and poetic.

Bye Bye Beautiful.... it doesn't list the lyrics as anything other than "bye bye" but I swear I'm hearing "cry cry" a lot of the time and at the end "die die beautiful, die, die, die, die." I'm wondering if that is something that was deliberately left out of the lyric book because of the violence of it or if it was something that was improvised at the last minute, after the book had been printed. I've seen a few other places where the lyrics and actual music didn't match each other--I think with some Sarah McLachlan.

Of course, very interesting how Tuomas actually names himself in P&P....

Interesting that there is a woman described as a butterfly in Cadence and in Whoever Brings the Night, but the rest of the description of the women is so totally different--one is ideal, one is the backstabbing hooker ;)

I don't usually notice Tuomas' lack of english as a first language, but there are several spots where the english gets kind of awkward... "what to do, why to do"

I remember Tramz pointing out "I will dream like the God / and suffer like all the dead children" and comparing it to what I say a lot about hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.