DPP tour setlist

the more i see clips on youtube of Anette doing old songs the more I want to kill myself.

she's awful on all of the Tarja material. Especially Wishmaster. DREADFUL!

And i understand she doesn't sing like Tarja...but she's really just yelling all of the lyrics...such a mess.

Tuomas picked a fine singer for new material...but in terms of old material...i could think of 1,000 better singers...many of them board members over at the official board!

*bangs head into wall incessantly for missing shows*

DAMN! I WANT TO BE THERE!

I want to see Anette do the old songs so good they make the non-believing heathens cry!

Also, so what if they are not operatic...they are METAL songs! Anette obviously seems to be more metal than Tarja ever could hope to be!:kickass:

sinerchris, you should know better than judging anything by the 64 kbps monotrack-BS delivered by the youtube. It's a devilmachine that revert even purest gold into shit. And those clips are filmed with poor camcorders and digicams for the start. I've seen her live at Tavastia and believe me, youtube is big liar - she rocks.

I'm really curious to hear how Anette is going to bring the old songs. And if I get to hear The Poet And The Pendulum live, I could die a happy girl :p
I can hardly wait till March! But I'm also sad I never got to see them live with Tarja. I mean, I could kind of make a comparison by watching the DVD's, but that's still not the same, you don't get the same vibe as you do actually being there
But glad to hear people who have already seen Anette on stage say she rocks, makes me even more deliriously happy to finally see them live! :headbang:

said about the show in Israel:

Olzon is most in her element in the high register. Particularly at the end of some numbers, when the chorus line takes off, she can deliver.
Contrastingly, when performing the band’s older numbers, where she should use the lower register, he voice does not carry as well as Turunen’s.

IMO...this is totally true.

Plus....in parts where Tarja sang in a lower register....Anette tries to go higher. Which is all wrong.
Oh well.

Re: Anette live/old songs.

I'd agree with that. She sounds at her best when she is funneling some power into her voice. Oftentimes when singing parts that didn't require the power, she seemed to sound flat and off key. However (as St Enigma quite correctly pointed out) those recordings were in pretty poor shape, so i am not going to judge until i hear for myself first hand (and i will be doing so 3 different times this tour).

You mean you don't have them ALL memorized yet?! TEL DOES!! Haha and we figured out that the orchestral CD makes a GREAT kareoke track XD

you have a week for a few songs I have 3 days to get them all! I was so swamped with school and traveling to competitions I forgot that it was even out so I didn't get to buy it until last night.
So far what I have heard has really peaked my interest both new and old, but there is no way I can determine anything until I hear it live.

Hey, Mel! Good to see you!
waveyfrood.gif