DPP tour setlist

What's up with the "5. Come Cover Me / Dead To The World, 6. Amaranth / Whoever Brings The Night" stuff? Are they only play like half of those songs or combining those songs?

Hey OSA-philes! It's been a relatively slow work day, so I dug this up on Blabbermouth.net, a bunch of live (albiet probably fan shot) videos from Nightwish's performance last Wednesday night in Helsinki. I only watched the video for Ever Dream so far and literally, Anette sent a chill down my spine, I am most impressed. She's not Tarja, she'll never be Tarja and she'll never have Tarja's voice... ever, but in my opinion her on stage energy and passion definately brings a new, different sound and attitude the band and I'm happy to witness it! I'm personally looking forward to seeing them in concert even more now!

Click the link below for the news and to see the videos!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=81698

I just got tickets to the NYC concert at Nokia Theater. I am, especially after watching those videos, really excited. Anette pulled off Nemo really well, better than I expected. I love her on the new album, but I was a bit unsure at the old stuff. Now I feel better.

Wow, I think she sounds fantastic...she seems to have more attitude and personality than Tarja...and she looks like she's having a blast out there. I like how they extended the heavy middle section in Amaranth :kickass: Really looking forward to late October :)

I HATE how Nemo sounds. It's like the soul was ripped out of it to be replaced with dance music. Her technique is a mess...it's like she's just throwing her voice around without regard to pitch let alone the emotion of the lyrics.

I'm okay with Everdream except I was really hoping she'd treat it more softly since she CAN do that gorgeous delicate voice.

Slaying the Dreamer is pretty cool, got some impressive power there even if it is kinda screamy. It's not operatic, but it's still got power. Marco is ROCKING it XD

Sleeping Sun is okay minus the off-key parts.

I HATE how Nemo sounds. It's like the soul was ripped out of it to be replaced with dance music. Her technique is a mess...it's like she's just throwing her voice around without regard to pitch let alone the emotion of the lyrics.

The only think I MUST tell you. YES it´s different, please dont judge because of
listening to different kind of very, very rough and "no sound " clips over the net.
I got the Sushi Patrol live kick in Hamburg and: YES !!!. She did a great job!!!
It was really really good. She is so into ! Nettan´s voice is much, much, much
better than the small "tube" clips show you. !! Whatever the quality is about!
That was my 29th concert with NW over the years!
Believe me, this is so true. It´s from my heart:
This lady fits totally into NW including her voice, song interpretation and ACTING on stage. !

Wow, I think she sounds fantastic...she seems to have more attitude and personality than Tarja...and she looks like she's having a blast out there. I like how they extended the heavy middle section in Amaranth :kickass: Really looking forward to late October :)

this was on the NW forum for about four minutes before it was deleted by a mod.!
they are so damn´quick ! :lol:
A short, but not a bad one ( 1.45 min ) "the islander", hamburg !

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=484271206154295069

Sweet, thanks Ulli...BTW, check your hotmail ;) Yeah, I hate some of those mods at the official forum...frickin thread Nazis! I opened a thread about Whoever Brings The Night, wanted to simply have a more in-depth discussion about that particular track...a mod closed it saying we could discuss it in the fave tracks thread :rolleyes:

Sweet, thanks Ulli...BTW, check your hotmail ;) Yeah, I hate some of those mods at the official forum...frickin thread Nazis! I opened a thread about Whoever Brings The Night, wanted to simply have a more in-depth discussion about that particular track...a mod closed it saying we could discuss it in the fave tracks thread :rolleyes:

hey there, checked ! :lol: Oh boy, oh boy..why is this one not included on dpp.!! BIG MISTAKE !!
It´s WOWWWW !!!!! Great !Thanks !!! :worship: and ..the last two minutes of the orch. version...wow...goooosebombs!!!!!!! :cool:
You are right with the mods, but as far as I know, Christian told the guys to watch carefully, esp. inside the german forum. !! :lol:

wow, i saw some Hamburg clips at youtube...and...

Anette sounds dreadful on old material. She's trying to sing way higher than she should.

here's to a GREAT new Nightwish album with TWO great voices on it...and...

a bunch of old songs that will NEVER be the same live.

end of story.

lol...not you C! Actually, I was referring to Respected Unexpected...he needs to loosen up a bit

He's actually a pretty cool guy, but then again, I've never crossed him so I'm not sure how it is to be on his bad side.

In fairness, all of us as mods are instructed to do away with any threads regarding bootlegs or illegal videos. From a personal standpoint I see nothing wrong with it, but I kinda have to put aside my own viewpoints for the good of the entire forum. Things are a little more lax over here, I think the only thing I really mod at this forum is when I have to move a topic to its proper place or merge repetitive topics together.

Yeah i've never ever understood why someones crappy fan videos are such a problem for various entities. It's not like anyone is making money from them or taking money away from anyone. Understandably, the line has to be drawn somewhere, but a little common sense is in order. It's not exactly like our video's are set up with a 3CCD camera on a tripod or something heh (with the exception of the "Nightwish Invades America 2004" bootleg, but see, that would be where the common sense line comes into play).

Anyway so yeah, we prefer to be a bit more lax. But this is a place about, by, and for the fans. I've always believed that the OSA, while primarily focused on Nightwish (obviously), is really about the "Oceansouls" themselves; the fans and their interests: other bands, hobbies, whatever.. a place to hang out and chat with like-minded people. A real club. Not just a place to come whenever some fresh tidbit of Nightwish news breaks. So why not be ok with casual videos?

As for our mod duties, one of the other things we do is point out when a thread is getting too far off-topic.. something i am guilty of with this post as well. ;]