As I Lay Dying-The Powerless Rise

black_dahlia_bradley

New Metal Member
Jun 27, 2009
Metal Blade Records is proud to announce AS I LAY DYING will be releasing there 5th studio album THE POWERLESS RISE on May 11/10!
They have also announced their first show in Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy on July 17/10 headlining the Cool tour.

AILDCV2010.jpg

Nice, heard it sounds good. Always enjoyed these guys, and as long as they dont put their christian beliefs in the lyrics Ill be fine.

Zing!

I just got Shadows Are Security and it's really meh and the vocals are awful. Just throwing that out there.

Zing!

I just got Shadows Are Security and it's really meh and the vocals are awful. Just throwing that out there.

Good album, tracks like Confined and Through Struggle is as good as metalcore gets. But "An Ocean Between Us" is their best album overall.

Good album, tracks like Confined and Through Struggle is as good as metalcore gets. But "An Ocean Between Us" is their best album overall.

The Powerless Rise is so much better overall. Listened to it like 20 times already, such a good album.

These tracks stand out to me

Last edited by a moderator:
More like "The Powerful Rise", that last track was some aggressive and heavy melodic metalcore. Will check it out right away.

Metalcore has been on the decline for years. It's only a matter of time (as in a few years) before they all die off.

Yes, but its the wrong way to say it. Genres never die, but the popularity of them falls and then bands will play different shit to gain popularity again, but there will also be bands who stays true to the genre forever. The whole metalcore genre has been overplayed to death in these few years. Still there will be bands who will release descent albums in the genre from time to time.

So it will never die off, just disappear from the mainstream when all the "poser-fans" want to jump to another trendy scene. But the real fans will always be there making it stay alive to a different degree. So it will go away, but still be there.

After a cursory listen it's definitely a step forward. What I am hoping is that as some metalcore bands like AILD get heavier, it will facilitate their fans becoming more open to death metal and beyond.