As I Lay Dying-The Powerless Rise

Drums by AILD is as fucking redundant as it gets. Fucking awful. Will check out the album just out of curiousity of its suckage.

After a cursory listen it's definitely a step forward. What I am hoping is that as some metalcore bands like AILD get heavier, it will facilitate their fans becoming more open to death metal and beyond.

They definitely stepped towards a Death Metal sound, so I totally agree with what you just said.

Dude, I'm gonna say it again, this album is fucking awesome. The whole thing is wayyy better than An Ocean Between Us

The riff after the intro just gets me fucking going!

Last edited by a moderator:
I never checked out them out for a long time, because of all the negative stuff I heard (such as half the posts in this thread). Fair enough if you don't like metalcore. I went and saw them earlier this year, and I'm glad I did, they put on a great show. I love this band now. The production and performance gets way better on each album. Also, Jacob Bannon has done the artwork for all their albums, so that's pretty cool too. The lyrics on the first two albums are damn awesome, though I do get how a lot of you wouldn't like that sort of stuff, 'cause they're very personal and introspective, and deal with themes that I'm sure are brought up in a lot of other metalcore. I noticed that with this album, and the last, the singer tries to make his lyrics less personal and more topical, and it kind of feels less genuine to me.