As I Lay Dying?

enchanted_nightmare

House of the Dead
Mar 27, 2004
Surrey
tmessiah.cjb.net
Hey, does anyone else like the band 'As I Lay Dying' ?
I saw the video for '94 hours' .. and IT RULED! some of the double pass pedaling in the middle of the song is brilliant!!! and so is the rest of the song.
and then i checked out thier albums (Beneath the encasing of ashes and Frail Words Collapse) and i like them even more now.
Go check out '94 hours' ...

Opinions plz?!? :)

I like the first 5 or so tracks off of fwc, then it gets kinda old pretty fast. I havent heard their other album yet.

Lookin forward to seeing them in a couple weeks with black dahlia murder.

Saw em yesterday... they put on the best show of the night (although Black Dahlia Murder slayed, they didn't play funeral misanthropy and therefore sucked :loco: )

A pretty solid metalcore band. I'm definitely looking forward to their next album. They played a new song in their set and it was better than most of their current album.

i think they're a great band, and an awesome bunch of guys. they went on a small tour RIGHT after they signed to metal blade, so most people didnt even know who they were. i was one of the first people to hear 94 hours live :D

anyways, got to talk to the drummer for about 15 minutes, and met all the other guys too, i'm glad to see them getting so far so soon after signing with a major label.

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
^^^

if only all metalcore was like Between The Buried And Me.
Have you heard Prayer for Cleansing? Best metalcore I have ever heard, probably because the breakdowns are held to a minimum but they were around in 1999 and broke up and formed BTBAM.......

BTBAM are the shit. All of they're songs, especially on the forst album are really intricate and jump back and forth between a shitload of styles. I see them as more than just metalcore, really. Good stuff.

Between the Buried and Me aren't metalcore. They're one of those unclassifiable bands.

And As I Lay Dying are pretty good. 94 Hours is okay, but Forever is easily their best song.