As you requested: an Opeth wallpaper for you

I like the skeleton. It keeps the sex anonymous. What I noticed and really liked about it was the glowing heart. I think it's very fitting. Practically the greatest cover art Opeth have ever put out and this image with a shining heart.

Sweet! Awesome work, man.

I like your avatar(the guy who made the wallpaper) how about making that a wallpaper as well? oh and what program did you use to create it? thanks in advance.

The orignial plan was to make a wallpaper with my avatar artwork (according to people demands) but the problem is that the dimensions of the artwork is too small to be putted into a wallpaper. The program that I used is Adobe Photoshop.
Glad you like it!

Again, thanks for all the great comments :)

Originally posted by changso
In fact, the skeleton thing is a cover I scan from an old comic book. Morningrise thematic is alot about death and pain and the image sticked well with this sort of content. Afterward, I just made the red heart effect to accentuate to overall suffering feeling...the heart because the lost love (which is recurrent in Morningrise)...Anyway I agree that it's little bit too "evil" but, IMO, the overall imagery doesn't suffer from it.

I MOST CERTAINLY AGREE!!!!

I actually see it....this time. (Don't know why it didn't work before....)

changso....:eek: words cannot describe how stunning this image you have created truly is. I mean...this is impressive stuff without a shadow of doubt.

Hehehe....you could be the nest Travis Smith - HONESTLY!

In fact, the skeleton thing is a cover I scan from an old comic book.

Looks kinda like the IF Colony statue thing in the foreground of the cover. Looks fuckin awsome though fellow horn blower. Keep it up!

Could you make me one for me sig pic bro? Just asking :D

\m/

changso.... words cannot describe how stunning this image you have created truly is. I mean...this is impressive stuff without a shadow of doubt.

hehe thanks for the kind word...well seriously I'm far from the next Travis Smith, I'm just a photoshop freak who enjoys good music and get greatly inspired by that...much like you I guess :)

By the way, you're an incredibly talented digital artist...and honestly, you should show to the fans how incredibly beautiful your signature banners are...maybe making an Opeth one would be awesome :D. Folks I tell you, Alcapoth is THE mesmerizing banner master!

:D. Folks I tell you, Alcapoth is THE mesmerizing banner master!

:rolleyes: ...I don't know what to say....it's nothing special, but, I'm happy you think so changso. You DO know that the sigs YOU do are brilliant as well...:D I mean, that goes without saying....

Anyway, let's put it this way....hehehe....we inspire one another.

And, actually....I've been meaning to create an Opeth sig for quite some time now (need to find the right stuff!). :D Heh...we should both take a shot at it....

And, actually....I've been meaning to create an Opeth sig for quite some time now (need to find the right stuff!). Heh...we should both take a shot at it....

You're so right, my Seymour banner is a little bit "odd" in an Opeth forum don't you think :lol:

I agree with you, finding the right stuff for an Opeth's artwork is not an easing think...but I'll find that's for sure :)

The orignial plan was to make a wallpaper with my avatar artwork (according to people demands) but the problem is that the dimensions of the artwork is too small to be putted into a wallpaper. The program that I used is Adobe Photoshop.
Glad you like it!

Again, thanks for all the great comments :)

I assume that Adobe Photoshop is at least as good as Paint Shop Pro, if not better. If so, is there a reason you can't resize the image to, say.... 800X600 then use some smoothing effects to get rid of the pixelation. Or is the original image just TOO small?

'Cos your avatar in my opinion is absoulutely wicked!.... better that Travis Smith's 'Still Life' IMHO.

I assume that Adobe Photoshop is at least as good as Paint Shop Pro, if not better. If so, is there a reason you can't resize the image to, say.... 800X600 then use some smoothing effects to get rid of the pixelation. Or is the original image just TOO small?

the original is about 500X700 px. In order to Make a 800X600 wallpaper, I would have to resize the image and crop into a selection and it would be pixelate...which I can't stand. I could use some blur but the overall image would be too "foggy" and lose its sharpness value. Also, 800X600 is a little low for the standard resolution nowaday.

By the way, Adobe Photoshop is far better than Paint Shop Pro...no comparison. If you're using PSP, grab Photoshop as fast as you can, you won't regret it

Hope it helps...