Asgeir, any more pics/info of the studio?

Tom C

New Metal Member
Nov 21, 2005
:wave: First off, I should say that I'm thrilled to see a forum for SA. It's very cool to be able to interact with the band. There is some really great stuff being shared here. I am such a huge SA freak I can't even tell you. Spastic Ink and you guys totally ruined other music for me. :worship:

Asgeir, I loved the picture of your drum setup, and the studio looks beautiful. I'm wondering if you could pass along some info on the studio itself. Is it located in your house, or is it a free standing structure? How big, how many rooms, etc? I'd love to see more pics, as I'm totally into seeing where others make their magic happen. I hope to have one myself someday.
Tom C

Tom C said:
Spastic Ink and you guys totally ruined other music for me. :worship:

Touchez !!! i couldn't have said it any better myself... everything else, after listening to Spiral Architect, is sounding mediocre these days!!! ... i don't know if i should laugh or cry !!! :D :cry:

Dark Lord said:
Touchez !!! i couldn't have said it any better myself... everything else, after listening to Spiral Architect, is sounding mediocre these days!!! ... i don't know if i should laugh or cry !!! :D :cry:

I think you need to expand your listening ;)

Shadow X said:
I think you need to expand your listening ;)

:err: !!! you have got to be kidding me !!! Expand my horizons ??
dude !! i've been listening to Metal Music for the better half of 12 years, and to all other types of music ranging from classical music to techno, classic oldies, rap and hip-hop, and mainstream crap ever since i was a kid !!! and my 12 years experience with metal didn't just stick to one genre of metal: classic metal to Heavy Metal, speed/thrash metal to power/opera metal, to neoclassical/progressive metal, to black and death metal, and finally to technical prog metal... and solo guitarist albums !!! expand my horizons you say?? :err: what do you want me to do?? go listen to christmas carols and sesame street songs?? is that what you mean by expanding my horizons??? :D
.... now i might have exaggerated a little by saying that all music sounds crappy compared to "A Sceptic's Universe" (though i honestly did say that after i listened to Spiral Architect)... but i truly meant that prog metal kind of feels trivial now !!! Though to be honest, i did listen to 2 new albums a week ago, and i have to say i was really impressed with what i heard: Adagio - Sanctus Ignis (very good, impressive guitarist(soloing)... the vibe of the album feels too much Symphony X-ish... which is definately great and all... but that kind of deprives Adagio from having their own image) ... the second album i listened to and was really impressed by was Ayreon's Human Equation... really good stuff... the weird thing is that the emphasis of this album is mostly on vocalists rather than musicians... an all-star cast of approximately 10-12 vocalists ranging from James Labrie to Devon Graves, Devin Townsend, and Mike Baker (Shadow Gallery).... and i'm not really into vocalists, but i was really impressed, and the music is pretty good... not too shabby :)

well no... i haven't listened to "Into the electric castle" yet... so i will give it a listen sometime soon... for your sake "Nicosanchez".... though i have listened to "Actual Fantasy" and "Ayreonauts Only"... and they're nothing compared to "The Human Equation"... like Batmura said: "This Cd owns everyone's soul". Though i liked "Carpe Diem" from "Ayreonauts Only" alot... very cool instrumental song !!!

Dark Lord said:
well no... i haven't listened to "Into the electric castle" yet... so i will give it a listen sometime soon... for your sake "Nicosanchez".... though i have listened to "Actual Fantasy" and "Ayreonauts Only"... and they're nothing compared to "The Human Equation"... like Batmura said: "This Cd owns everyone's soul". Though i liked "Carpe Diem" from "Ayreonauts Only" alot... very cool instrumental song !!!

'Ayreonauts Only' is actually just a compilation of rare recordings/demos of Ayreon material from throughout the years (hence the title). It would definitely be in your best interest to check out not only 'Into The Electric Castle' but also both 'The Dream Sequencer' and 'Flight of the Migrator', the two albums that comprise the amazing 'The Universal Migrator' duology.

-Incidentally, this is my first post over here in the SA forum. Great to see the gears of progress turning in these parts, and I can't wait to start hearing some new material eventually! :Spin:
As all of the other fanatical legions have put it in other threads here, 'A Sceptic's Universe' is one of the most mature, complex, and intelligent collections of music ever recorded. Love live intelligent, thought-provoking music. Oh, and metal :headbang: :)

-Eric
NP: Canvas Solaris - Penumbra Diffuse