Asgeir quits borknagar

lefay82

Per aspera ad astra
Apr 13, 2006
Italy
for the asgeir's lovers:

Guitar player/main composer Øystein G. Brun of Norway's BORKNAGAR has issued the following statement:

"Due to the latest years evolving differences in musical ideas and visions, Asgeir Mickelson [drums] has decided to quit BORKNAGAR. The split happens in friendly manner and with mutual respect for the decision that he has made. He will remain a good friend of the band.

"We wish to thank him for a great collaboration over the years and the best of luck with future endeavours!

"The spilt will have little or no effect on the forthcoming album. We are currently working on pre-productions and we are heading for an early next year release.
As stated before, the new album will regain the musical forces that dominated the four first albums. So beware!"

BORKNAGAR recently announced that Jens Ryland (guitar) and Erik Tiwaz (a.k.a. Tyr; bass) has returned as permanent members of the band.

man i dont wanna have to listen to Ihsahn to hear asgeir's drumming.

I doubt he'll be playing on Mr. V's next album, I bet Benny's already got that spot.

Epic is my second favorite Borky album, so yes.

Oystein, Lars, and Asgeir are hero's to me. And V's pretty cool sometimes. I just hate that damn fretless bass.
I'm still confused at what you got against Mr V, I mean it's not like he had anything to do with Vortex leaving.
And IMO I don't think there is a better singer to fit Borknagar than Mr V. The only person you should be mad at for Mr V even being there is Vortex, he picked that shitty joke band over Borknagar.