ask the band a question

I'll ask the usual question:
Which bands or songs have you guys been listening to?

More a question for Niklas than everyone.

Q: If you had to make the choice between whether to continue your work at Cabin Fever, or to continue playing with the band Dark Tranquillity, which would you choose?

I got another question, but Its not really the type of thing you'd ask in an interview, Id just like to know...

Q: Is there any chance the band will perform any material from the earlier albums, such as 'Sky Dancer', or some of the classics rarely heard off of 'The Gallery', on their upcoming tour?
Do you think with the Neo-Dark Tranquillity vibe audible on character, some of the older more progressive tunes will be more susceptible within the new Dark Tranquillity live set?

Firefest9 said:
Heck, there are really no questions I would ask.

I would just like to thank Stanne and Anders Jivarp for being such nice dudes. When they played in Chicago back in November of 2002 (With Nile, SYL and Napalm Death), I met the dudes in a diner down the street from the venue. I talked to Mikeal First. Really nice dude!!! however, Anders was even that much nicer. He thanked me and my friend for being such big fans and thanked me for coming out with a big smile on his face. Neither of them had any ego or anything of the sort.

Thanks to you guys for being so down to earth
cheers
Eric

I'd also like to thank Stanne for being such an awesome person. I got the chance to talk to Mikael after they played back in Pomona, California in September 2002. It was crazy, we spoke for maybe 10 mins and he answered every question I asked him. I'd also bought a damage done shirt, which I asked Mikael if he could sign. Though I didn't have a pen Mikael took the shirt backstage and signed it within minutes!

Not only does Dark Tranquillity make phenomenal music, they're also amazing individuals
Thanks again
Andrew

Q: What are your feelings about Character being leaked? You surley must have seen that we here on your official forums have downloaded it and listend to it.

Q: How do you guys feel about the latest 3 albums in comparison to "The Gallery" and "The Mind's I"? Are you more satisfied with the recent works and will you ever play songs like "Dreamlore Degenerate" or "Constant" live again?

Q: If there is any song on your albums that you would have wanted to do different today. Which one would it be?

Q: How do you guys feel about "Projector" today? Would you have wanted put more live friendly songs like "The Sun Fired Blanks" on the album knowing the total outcome of it or was it more of an experiment that you just needed to do to redefine the Dark Tranquillity sound?

For the band: What do you think of today's habit of raising entertainers up as idols, and the worship that follows? Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable around the more enthusiastic/devout fans?

Strider said:
Q: A while ago you had a banner on the site with the following sentence: "I still think The Gallery is the best" followed by "I think you suck". Since I think the Gallery is one of the biggest achievements in the history of metal and something almost god-like, I was slightly upset and disappointed. How much tongue-in-cheek was the banner, or dis you truly want to offend people like me?
The band has actually given an answer to this one before - it was fully tongue-in-cheek. Moreover, it was made just to portray the sort of discussion going on at the old forum (within the official site) at that time - none of the lines in the banner (there were more than those two, if my memory serves me right) were real opinions of the band-members, just opinions voiced on their forum and repeated in the banner to humorously reflect the various sides of internet-communication, I believe. Finally, myself as one of the people who still think The Gallery is the best album of the band, I found it hard to believe that any person with any sense of humour might have found the banner in question offending at all - in the contrary, I still think it was one of the funniest banners I have ever seen. Yet, as soon as the first comments in the vein of Strider's question above came up, the band took the banner away, not to offend anyone.

Now I realize quite a few of the other questions in this thread have actually been asked before as well, but I'm too tired to answer them now (and you'd rather have the band-members themselves telling you those answers, isn't that so).

Me, I'd like to hear their honest reply to the kind of question DJ made above: Being the down-to-earth guys that you are and with the almost overly devoted following you have gained through the years, do you sometimes feel yourselves uncomfortable or outright disgusted by the ridiculous fanboyism (or -girlism) some of us represent? Have you ever felt like saying: Get a life, folks, there are more important things in the world than some silly Swedish band?

-Villain (who's supposed to get a life right now)

Villain said:
The band has actually given an answer to this one before - it was fully tongue-in-cheek. Moreover, it was made just to portray the sort of discussion going on at the old forum (within the official site) at that time - none of the lines in the banner (there were more than those two, if my memory serves me right) were real opinions of the band-members, just opinions voiced on their forum and repeated in the banner to humorously reflect the various sides of internet-communication, I believe. Finally, myself as one of the people who still think The Gallery is the best album of the band, I found it hard to believe that any person with any sense of humour might have found the banner in question offending at all - in the contrary, I still think it was one of the funniest banners I have ever seen. Yet, as soon as the first comments in the vein of Strider's question above came up, the band took the banner away, not to offend anyone.
thanks Villain for the answer... I didn't know all the background to this story. now everything is more understandable... I wasn't offended by the banner (if I were to get offended for my musical tastes, half the persons I know would be dead by now :D ) but slightly disappointed because I took it for serious so I felt it was disrepect towards us fans. Maybe a little too serious wasn't I?

well.. ive asked this before.. but ill ask again..

When (and please!) are you going to come to Australia for a tour? You guys visited Japan, and i would of sold my soul to go, so we arent too much of a hop skip n jump from Japan.

Also, i guess for each band member, what a normal day consists of? What each of you like to do to unwind n relax, your practice regime, what hobbies etc you are into.

Thanks guys :)

Strider said:
Maybe a little too serious wasn't I?
That sentence probably applies to all of us sometimes (especially in the net). ;)

Anyways, in DT's case I think it might be due to the relatively serious nature of their lyrics and performing that people don't recognise their jokes so easily. I mean, even though they apparently take their art seriously, no-one's expecting them to be always serious with everything that concerns the band, right? Just take a look at the news-statements on the official site - there's plenty of humour there.

The bottom-line: if you doubt the seriousness of something that a member of DT said, then he's probably just joking. :heh:

-Villain