Q&A Thread - Ask the band members a question!

you guys are an amazing band! i started school to today and i was recommended by two kids, one of which is in a band you're playing a show with on Oct. 1st (i dont remember the bands name), to check you guys out. anyways, are there any bands in this scene you would recommend i check out? or anyone, for that matter?

thanks, you guys are amazing!

Hmm...I'm not really sure to be honest with you, I could mainly only recommend signed bands and stuff like that to you. There is some good local talent, if you want power metal Engage comes to mind, but other than that I'm not really sure. Even though I'm in the local scene, I have a hard time paying attention to it. As far as other recommendations go, what are some of your favorite bands currently?

:cry: I miss the songs from your previous demo. Have you recorded new versions of them with Taz or are you going to do so? Will you put them on your website of release them on a CD? :confused:
Guillotine is my favourite band now that you've got Taz on the vocals, he's great! (No offence to the previous singer) And I just love your music, I listen to it all the time! :kickass: :worship:

bige2118 said:
Hmm...I'm not really sure to be honest with you, I could mainly only recommend signed bands and stuff like that to you. There is some good local talent, if you want power metal Engage comes to mind, but other than that I'm not really sure. Even though I'm in the local scene, I have a hard time paying attention to it. As far as other recommendations go, what are some of your favorite bands currently?

my favorite band is Opeth, ive been listening to them a lot lately, and a lot of old In Flames and old Metallica stuff. but other than that i listen to a lot of The Bled, which is hardcore, and Darkest Hour, which is like metal with hardcore/punk influences. im looking for some more good underground metal though. thanks for the recommendation!

Dordi said:
:cry: I miss the songs from your previous demo. Have you recorded new versions of them with Taz or are you going to do so? Will you put them on your website of release them on a CD? :confused:
Guillotine is my favourite band now that you've got Taz on the vocals, he's great! (No offence to the previous singer) And I just love your music, I listen to it all the time! :kickass: :worship:

Thanks for your comments! As far as the material from the old demos goes, we use some and don't use others. Berserker, for example, was on the old demos and just redone now. We still do What Lies Beyond and Black Death from the old stuff, but unfortunately the rest, like Through the Fire, Off With Their Heads, etc, we do not play anymore. Not to worry though, as we have new stuff coming even better than what you've heard so far, so stay tuned!

ghostreveries said:
my favorite band is Opeth, ive been listening to them a lot lately, and a lot of old In Flames and old Metallica stuff. but other than that i listen to a lot of The Bled, which is hardcore, and Darkest Hour, which is like metal with hardcore/punk influences. im looking for some more good underground metal though. thanks for the recommendation!

Yeah, I know all those bands, and it seems like you like stuff a little heavy, so heres some good heavier bands, with harsh vocals and such: Children of Bodom (Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper mainly), Kalmah, Arch Enemy, etc. For more power metal stuff, I would suggest the basics such as Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, but also stuff like Hammerfall, Rhapsody, Dragonforce, etc. Theres so many bands out there, I'm basically just giving you my personal favorites. I'm sure you've checked them out, but if you havent check out Megadeth and Iron Maiden, my two personal favorites.

So I guess this is where I would ask if you guys are interested in playing shows with other local bands. I play in an Epic power Metal band in southern Maryland called Eternal Winter, also sort of "up and coming," we've been around about 4 years. We're in the middle of recording an EP now, but we're in contact with other local bands such as Burning Shadows, Engage, Odin's court, etc. concerning future shows at Jaxx and other local venues early next year. The songs from the last demo sound really good, hope all is going well. If you guys are still playing at Jaxx with Timelord in December then we'll probably get a chance to check you out live then. A few songs from our old demo (with older members and material) are on our myspace account (I just added you as well) - http://www.myspace.com/riversoftwilight

Okay, long post over.

Hey guy's Waaaassssuuuuppp?
lol No i'm just kiddin.
Anyhow ok since you guys have been around long enough to know what's good and whats bad-I have a question for you.

All right as of before when workin on my own shit on guitar i did perfectly fine. But as of two days ago i've been kinda following some old stuff (not copying) from some older artists(seeing as there really the only good ones left) mainly Metallica, Megadeth ,Iron Maiden, and some really older stuff. yet again i'm not copying it mearly following it,But at the same time i'm using my own style. it's weird cause its not really comin out right, i dunno if its because i've been focusing on all tha stuff or if it's because i've hit a creative block. (i do a really weird kind of set up on my songs) my chords are fine the solo's i've hit are fine. but i cant seem to hit it right on those key notes for the rythym.
but if you guy's were in that situation what would you do?
And also you guys really do remind me of Iron Maiden, its a good thing beleive me, Except for the part when i herd there retiring, I coud it them over their head with my washburn just for that shit,lol. Ok i'm gone now-

*Sarah G.*